Motorcycles

Discussion about topics not related to hunting or the 204 Ruger.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Motorcycles

Post by skipper »

Here's a recent picture of my 2016 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra CVO. She's getting inspected here near home. I recently gave the boot to Farmers Insurance and switched over to Geico. I tried getting a quote from Progressive but they couldn't match The Gecko.
I'm so tired of overpaying for insurance. Every year the premiums go up but the value of your vehicle goes down. How does that work. Well, you say, in the favor of the insurance companies. That's for sure. I think it's wise to change insurance carriers from time to time. Otherwise they just keep increasing your premiums for no good reason.

RoadGlideUltraCVO.jpg
RoadGlideUltraCVO.jpg (153.97 KiB) Viewed 7866 times
Got a motorcycle? I'de love to see a picture of it.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
chuckhunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 25 thumbhole, Savage Model 12

Re: Motorcycles

Post by chuckhunter »

Here's my baby 1993 CBR900RR. Enjoy!
Attachments
cbr1.jpg
cbr1.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 7268 times
skipper

Post by skipper »

Nice ride!
BackStabber
.204 Ruger Guns: Model 12 Savage and White Oak

Post by BackStabber »

Here is a picture of my girls 2006 VTX1800c with a supercharger and my dancing partner K1600B
IMG_0957.JPG
IMG_0957.JPG (5.67 MiB) Viewed 4088 times
skipper

Post by skipper »

Sweet rides you have there!! I love motorcycles, been riding since I was 16. A lot of bikes have waltzed in and out of my life. This was probably my all time favorite. 2008 Big Dog, K9.
IMG_9115.JPG
IMG_9115.JPG (3 MiB) Viewed 4077 times
BackStabber

Post by BackStabber »

Me too. I always have two sometimes three. I mess with them and ride then resell. These two here are the ones that feel like they will stick. The VTX will never be sold until I cant ride because I have spent most of two years installing and making the supercharger run. Motorcycles in the summer prepare for squirrels in the fall and winter. Shoot squirrels in the spring. Only thing better would be to shoot squirrels from a motorcycle :D
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

It appears "gun guys" are also "bike guys". From age 12 I was on a bike, a Honda 125, then on to "real" dirt bikes, then on to Harley choppers in the 70's. After exploring various ways to maim and kill myself, I went back to dirt bikes, Husky 510, Cam-Am 500 and more I can't even remember.

A shot from 1972 or thereabouts. This one won the silver medal at the Oakland Roadster Show that year:

But that was long ago. I've since then I quit riding (too many serious injuries to list) and went back to tame stuff like ocean scuba diving and mountain biking. But not too long ago, my son's shop was tasked by Leupold to produce a special chopper for an industry give-away contest. This is the "Leupold Chopper" in the shop prior to shipping it to the new lucky owner:

Many fond memories of riding with the crew, hearing the roar of twenty Harley's vibrating between buildings in town on a Saturday night. But when all my 'replacement parts' remind me that they're there, I really don't miss it that much any more. Nothing hurts when I sit at my bench behind a rifle, and now that's all that matters. :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

BackStabber

Post by BackStabber »

Rick, I think we have a lot in common except you are a lot older HAHAHa We have to get together and shoot or just have a long lunch I think the bullshit session would be legendary Name is Scott and I am in Corvallis
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Hey Scott, that sounds good.....a good B.S. session is always a good thing with like-minded fellows....bikes and guns, what could be better?

Yep, gettin' older every year, never thought I'd live this long, since most of my friends are all on the wrong side of the grass now. Give me a shout when you're in the area and we'll hook up. Check your PM's....sent you my email.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

erich

Post by erich »

I road up to the 1990's and then took a break as the new wife wasn't interested in bikes and I knew if I went alone I'd get in trouble. Fast forward to retirement and moving out of the PNW(rain central). At 72 I bought a bike to hunt off of. I have fond memories of an old coot on a BMW running down the highway with a rifle across his back and a fox or two hanging out of the saddlebag(circa 1960's).

Well I'm the old coot now.

I put over a 1000 miles on it running the desert two tracks and getting into some of the best coyote hunting ever.

Now I have it rigged out for longer trips and overnights out on the desert.
After the first shot the rest are just noise.
BackStabber

Post by BackStabber »

Nice looking set up "Looks like fun"
BackStabber

Post by BackStabber »

Nice looking set up "Looks like fun"