Winter wonderland

Discussion about topics not related to hunting or the 204 Ruger.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Re: Winter wonderland

Post by skipper »

Tom Kat

Do you realize how many views this topic has received?? Over 200,000!!!
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
MTPaul
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Montana Varminter

Post by MTPaul »

Which begs the question...what is the attraction? Morbid curiosity? Just curiosity? Surely (yes, I know...don't call me Shirley :lmao:) anyone with a TV can find weather across the country. Or for that matter, anyone with a cell phone can search for weather anywhere in the world. So why the attraction? :chin:

I would submit it is basic human nature to want to take a look. Sort of like driving by the scene of a recent automobile accident when curiosity gets the better of us and we turn our heads and take a peek. Otherwise, what is the explanation for such behavior?
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

MTPaul wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:20 pm Which begs the question...what is the attraction? Morbid curiosity? Just curiosity? ... Otherwise, what is the explanation for such behavior?
An even better question is why are there so few posters on a forum with sooo much traffic???
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Tom Kat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527, Ruger American Predator in Magpul Hunter stock

Post by Tom Kat »

That is a good thing!!!

It is my opinion, and I am not expert, that the bots that visit an established site like this are where most of those views are coming from.
However, that means anyone who types winter in a search gets a chance at our humble little thread.

SO the lesson here? .204 guns are great, hunting ground rats is great...but to appeal to a broader audience, its a good idea to also post about other things, like streaming video, brass cleaning, etc etc...

I am not an expert, just a guy who likes to read and occasionally share my opinion. But I think there's a lesson in here somewhere...
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."

John Maynard Keynes