Bulk Loading .204

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Rick, Hear that. Last year I took 500 rds. on the airplane to CA. TSA opened all the boxes of loaded rounds carefully packed with foam in the box lids. The foam was in the suitcase; about 20 of the rounds were loose. So my painstakingly hand loaded rounds beat around in the box all the way from Boise to Santa Barbara.
Thank you, muslim extremists. I just wish one of those rounds was going…(capitol M left off intentionally)
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

You have plenty of time to load 1000 rounds.

Load 50 per night.

I would run the brass over the expander in the die and inside/outside chamfer the case necks and load them.

I do NOT load new brass without doing either of the above.

Of course, I perfer to work the entire brass regimen - uniform pocket, inside debur primer hole, etc, etc.
contender hunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Contender 23'' Bull BBL. Custom laminate Stock

Post by contender hunter »

OK wasn't sure about the new laws , you could at least do all the case prep on the road then prime and charge .
goody523

Post by goody523 »

Thanks for all the input - I am definitely not taking anything related to powder or primers on a airplane. They already pull me aside every time I go through because I carry a lot of electronic equipment they have never seen and they want to take a closer look at it. I am not going to further add to my hassles by having anything explosive with me!

I think you guys might be on to something as far as the brass prep goes though. If I took my RCBS Prep Station in my bag and a bunch of brass I could crank through a whole lot of brass prep, which is what takes the longest anyway.
If I spent as much time trying to manage my investments as I do researching guns and shooting I could retire 15 years earlier...
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Prep brass and prime brass now, send it ground UPS to your destination, and load when you get there.

Even put the bullets in the box.......just no powder.