I need to find a better sizing lube. Any suggestions?

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
contender hunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Contender 23'' Bull BBL. Custom laminate Stock

Post by contender hunter »

I thought the RCBS was 600 wt.? :eek: I haven't been happy with any of my lubes lately ! Iv'e only tried the rcbs on the lube pad and the imperial but only when I am very careful do I escape the treaded neck dents :eek: , I no its from to much lube !! Is there a vent hole on some dies to prevent this??
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

Graphite is fine for neck sizing but I have a couple of serious case forming projects that require a more formitable product.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

CH: Even the die vent hole will not prevent hydraulically caused neck dents from the '600 Weight' gunk RCBS sells. Just some Imperial Wax on your fingers, then smeared spareingly on the case is all it takes for even case forming.

Since I changed over to Imperial Wax and Dry Neck Lube, I've never had a single dented shoulder, even when forming to another caliber. Good stuff for sure.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

I just picked up some imperial wax and some Lymans "mica" for the insides of the neck. I've got about 700 pieces of brass to get ready for prarie poodlin. I see that one application for the wax is just using your thumb and forefinger. Sounds like it may take me quite a bit of time lubing up that many cases. Are there any other methods of applying the imperial wax to speed up the process?
Savage Vaporizer
contender hunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Contender 23'' Bull BBL. Custom laminate Stock

Post by contender hunter »

I tried using a Q-tip with the imperial so to not be as messy , but you end up getting it on your hands anyway and I don't think it sped up the process any .

I wonder if imperial would work with a lube pad??? a little faster for those big jobs of poodlin loads!!