Where to order Reloading supplies in Canada?

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
BIGREDD

Where to order Reloading supplies in Canada?

Post by BIGREDD »

OK... believe it or not I work in the industry here in Ontario Canada and I can't get anything from my regular suppliers for the .204... all back ordered... no brass.. no bullets ... no dies. :?
I am counting on you brothers... what do I buy and where do I order it.
I am looking for suggestions on what load to use as well.
I have been shooting factory 32 gr. out past 400 yards on groundhogs with great success. 8)
NONQUOM NON PARATUS
Hooked

Post by Hooked »

Tough to get stuff directly out of the US due to their export laws. Basically, all components, ammunition, firearms, certain scopes and gun parts generally with a value in excess of $100 require a permit in order to be legally exported out of the US.

I was just at Russell's Sports in Calgary today and they had 200 pieces of Remington 204 brass and some Win brass too. Wholesale Sports in Calgary has a bunch of Win brass, but no Remington. Both had Sierra BKs in stock. RPS International (again in Calgary - see a trend here?) have Berger Bullets in 204. All three of the aforementioned stores have websites and do mail order. Just do a google search on them.

As far as dies and tools, I order from Sinclair International and/or Cabelas. Both ship to Canada with no problem.

Forgot to mention: I had no problems getting brass, bullets or primers. It was the powders that were tough. 204's like Reloader 10x and Accurate 2015 - both are VERY scarce in Canada. Luckily, there's always Varget and 4895.

Hope this helps.

Brian
jason

wholesale sports

Post by jason »

If one of our local shops cannot get something for us we give all of our buisness and $$ to wholesale sports in calgary. they just opened shop in kamloops, but its got nothing and as of yesterday, they will still match calgary $$, but we get nailed the 2 taxes here!! I've ordered 3 rifles and tonnes of reloading supplies, etc. and it costs between $15-20 to get all products shipped to your door-primers, powders etc must be shipped special courier-that might cost alot more but we get all that here anyway!!
heard threw the grapevine that we will be getting a cabelas sports in Vancouver. And I think that wholesale bought russels sports too!
As long as the primers Ignite!!!
Sask Boy

Reloading

Post by Sask Boy »

I just got back from Calgary and I could get bullets and brass however primers and powders are slim pickens.
I have attempted to obtain primers and such from calbelos but they can not ship to Canada on primers and powders.
Keep the Son in your eyes.
Bless You
Dan
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Don't feel too abused. Primers are hard to get here too. (If you want 71/2's) I had an oppertunity to get 5000 out of Ohio for 18.00 per thousand but had to pay HazMat and shipping. But I have them.
Hooked

Post by Hooked »

Cabelas will be opening this fall in in Lacey, WA which is just south of Seattle. They will be opening a location in Montreal in the next couple of years, but I doubt they will be out as far west as Vancouver - too many tree huggers and granola crunchers out this way.

Cabelas or Bass Pro may open a location in the new supermall that is going up in Airdrie, Alberta, but that will be a couple of years away.

I can get CCI primers locally, but absolutely no luck with Rem primers. Yesterday I was in Calgary and today I was in Winnipeg. I checked out SIR for primers, but they have nothing.

Wholesale Sports did buy out Russels, but at least so far, they seem to be operating independently.

Brian
tkv000

Post by tkv000 »

I was on a hunt the other day to, heres what I found:

Remington Brass - Wholesale sports & P&D Enterprise in Calgary and Edmonton

Nosler Brass, Remington Brass, Every manner of projectile ect, P&D Enterprise.
BIGREDD

Post by BIGREDD »

Thanks a lot fellas... I got my order in... I have been socking away primers for a while now. They are gonna be tough to get for the near future according to the suppliers here. Load up! ;)
NONQUOM NON PARATUS