How close to the lands are you getting? Trim lengths?

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
craigyboy

How close to the lands are you getting? Trim lengths?

Post by craigyboy »

just wondering how close you guys are able to get to the lands with your .204's, i know they are notoriously long in the throat the best I can get with a 32g v-max is 0.024 off the lands and that only leaves 0.070 of the bullet inside the case! Also I made up a chamber guage today to see what I should be trimming my brass at, I shouldnt have bothered as the chamber is way up there at 1.867 (think thats it but dont have my note book to hand), the best i can get from my win brass is 1.840, I dont think it will ever reach that far even if I stop trimming inbetween reloads! I also recently bought some brand new hornady brass to try out, its worse than my win brass (which I thought was rubbish), my sinclair primer pocket reamer would barely fit in as the primer pocket was about .004 tighter than normal and once you did get it in, the primer pocket was deeper than the cutter so it didnt even clean it up, flash holes off centre and general rubbish means I am back to my winchester brass. Why are they so long ina lll ways????????????????
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Try some RP brass...(Remington).
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

I use to have all winchester brass, But now it's 80 percent remington brass and i like it alot better than the winchester.
TD-Max

Post by TD-Max »

I gave up trying to do primer pockets on once fired Hornady brass from factory ammo. I got the reamer stuck too many times...
OldSchool
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 VLP Super Sniper 10x

Post by OldSchool »

I can reach the lands with 39gr BK's but not with 32's of any make. I use Nosler brass and LOVE it. Used winchester first but it is dwindling away as the number of loads on each case climbs.
"There's only one truth about war: people die." - Sheridan