Norma brass Range report

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Hawk - a Stage 1 ...Rivvy!?!?! THAT is rare.

A friend in Helena has a 17K mile original 71 GS Stage 1 Skylark - flat out rocks.

Love the big blocks!
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Yes it is quite rare.Original motor is gone though.Had her for almost 20 years now. It's a real GS! With a Factory posi rear end. I blew out the spider gears in the rear once (the little guys between the Ring and Pinion).Took me a year and a half to find new ones :cry: . It's a Riviera ONLY rear end. :roll: :mad: .Lots of goodies under the hood too!!
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Mike: All this reminds me of a hard lesson learned by me back in the late '60's when I raced my beloved small block Chevy's against all comers......."There is no replacement for displacement!"....... ;) Even though my blanced/blueprinted 327 w/tunnel ram, head work, 11.5 to 1 pistons, yadda, yadda, ran like the blazes. A twelve second car to be sure.....

A black on black 426 Hemi Roadrunner's tail lights was all 'dis boy did see that evening....... we never forget some things..... :?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

acloco

Post by acloco »

Rick -so true.

There were no Hemi's and few big blocks when I was in high school (mid eighties)...so my healthy 327 never got beat. But, it was all done by 5/8 of the quarter mile.....4.56 gears, short tires (Nova), and a 7200 rpm rev limit.....but, you were in 4th gear in 300 feet!
msphotog
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 VLS, Custom built AR-15

Post by msphotog »

Well, I have to chime in here. My '71 Elky has a 502BB under the hood. Not the aluminun head 502hp model, but with a Holley 850 double pumper and 3.73 Eaton posi, it'll suck the Super Unleaded like nobody's business!
I can't drive it to the range(72 miles round trip), 'cause I can't afford gas and ammo!

http://www.markswindler.com/Things.html
acloco

Post by acloco »

Nice pics on your site msphotog. Nice Camino.

Trouble hooking up with it? If so, visit Hodgkis site - they have just the solution for coil spring cars - new upper control arms that raise the reaction point.
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Nice ride Mark. Is that a factory Cowl Induction hood?..I however do have a problem with the pictures. Cars,Guns,Food and _ _ _ __?? Where's the women :shrug: :lol:
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

msphotog

Post by msphotog »

Thanks for the comments... Yes, I can light the tires up any time, and at the drag strip, my first 60-100' is nothing but tire spin. I do have a complete Hotchkis suspension in the rear end, and KYB shocks all around, but it didn't help much. With the overdrive engaged, it is better, but still not good. One night, a stock looking Buick blew my doors off, and also beat several Mustangs, and I asked the owner what was under the hood. He said"a paxton supercharger with 12 lbs of boost!" Boy could he burn the front tires!

Thanks again,

Mark S.
msphotog

Post by msphotog »

Joe- No, it's not a cowl induction hood, but just the "bump" hood standard on the SS cars. It is, however, an NOS hood, and came in the original GM factory packaging. I got it from Year One, $459., I think, but it has been 6-7 years. The main reason I didn't get a cowl induction hood was it costs as much as the hood to get all the little parts to make it work.
I did need the bump in the hood to clear the carb on the 502, though.

Mark