Sources for new 204 cases

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
jo191145

Re: Sources for new 204 cases

Post by jo191145 »

Simple. Why feed a Cooper cheap brass. Buy the Nosler.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

jo191145 wrote:Simple. Why feed a Cooper cheap brass. Buy the Nosler.
Do you mean some other brand or are you referring to Norma ? If so, remember, I believe, Norma makes Nosler. Some one can correct me , if I am wrong. Will not hurt my feelings. :lol: Bill k :)
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

Bill K wrote:
jo191145 wrote:Simple. Why feed a Cooper cheap brass. Buy the Nosler.
Do you mean some other brand or are you referring to Norma ? If so, remember, I believe, Norma makes Nosler. Some one can correct me , if I am wrong. Will not hurt my feelings. :lol: Bill k :)

The OP stated the only brass he could find was Nosler. I'm of the opinion anyone who can afford a Cooper shouldn't balk at the price of premium brass. Sort of like putting Volkswagen tires on a Maseratti. :) To each their own of course. It's against my moral compass to stop anyone from doing so.

Yes Norma makes Nosler brass for the 204R. That's what makes Nosler such a good deal. Nosler trims and chamfers the brass for you while Norma charges extra for not providing that service.
Admittedly I haven't compared prices between the two in some time but that's how it used to be.

I'm assuming the OP is looking for some Remchesterdy brass. Sometimes you can find a golden nugget in an Alaskan manure pile. Sometimes you can't. Digging in manure can be more expensive than just buying the nugget outright.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

jo191145 wrote:Digging in manure can be more expensive than just buying the nugget outright.
Good analogy there, jo!

And your assumptions are correct in all regards IMHO. If you drive a Porsche, you don't put discount el cheapo gas in it either. :chin:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails