Sonic Cleaner vgs Tumbler

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
inKYfromSD
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 varmint .204, Cooper Model 21 20 VarTarg

Re: Sonic Cleaner vgs Tumbler

Post by inKYfromSD »

All my brass, with the exception of .223, gets an ulrasonic cleaning after every other firing. A swipe of the pocket with a brush along with the solution gets them sparkling. A night in front of the dehumidifier dries them and then in the tumbler they go. Not for cleaning but because the brass is so clean it needs a light layer of lubrication. I used http://www.6mmbr.com/ultrasonic.html for research. I've never measured groups specifically to see if it makes a difference, i just like using clean brass and clean primer pockets.

I purchased a cheap unit from an online auction site. Plain old white vinegar and water clean pretty well. Be sure to rinse them well afterwards.
Wrangler John
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Precision Target/Shilen Custom

Re: Sonic Cleaner vgs Tumbler

Post by Wrangler John »

Lead Lobber wrote:I don't clean my brass to cut my groups, I clean my brass because I want it clean.

Why wash a car??? It doesn't make it drive any better or go faster.....
Yeah, I know how that goes, but then again we do some things just because. When I was a kid working the society horse show circuit, I had to clean the Viceroy show buggy. It went up on stands and every chrome spoke, every grove of the tires, every inch of the enamel finish had to be mirror polished. Then I had to groom the horse! We won't even talk about that, except her tail took an hour to pick properly, and her forelock and mane braids had to be absolutely perfect. I could hold my hand above any part of her black coat and see its reflection when I was done. That's what you do for a World's Champion even if the buggy tires will be dirty before it makes the ring, and her coat will be lathered under the harness.

So, if we take our work as a source of pride and respect, then it's okay and no justification is needed.