TC Venture, anybody have one ?

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
cshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: 77 MK 2 standard sporter

TC Venture, anybody have one ?

Post by cshooter »

Just picked up a new TC Venture in 204, not the Preditor but the black stock. Used some Sierra 39 gr BK loads I've had for a while to break the barrel in. They shot very good, but I like a little tougher bullet. I would like to use the 45 gr Hornady SP or the 40 gr Berger HP, these two seem like they would punch through coyote shoulder bone better. I know the 45 is made for tougher game. Anybody have any good suggestions ?
fishnbob
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C venture predator

Re: TC Venture, anybody have one ?

Post by fishnbob »

I have one in the predator version. I have not tried the heavier pills but have had very good success on the coyotes with the 39 bk. It shoots them well and have not had a coyote walk away. Farthest shots have been 200 yds.
bazz
.204 Ruger Guns: tikka

Re: TC Venture, anybody have one ?

Post by bazz »

cshooter wrote:Just picked up a new TC Venture in 204, not the Preditor but the black stock. Used some Sierra 39 gr BK loads I've had for a while to break the barrel in. They shot very good, but I like a little tougher bullet. I would like to use the 45 gr Hornady SP or the 40 gr Berger HP, these two seem like they would punch through coyote shoulder bone better. I know the 45 is made for tougher game. Anybody have any good suggestions ?

believe me the 39 b k is a tough bullet, was over at the cow grave yard the other day and i checked out the sculls of some of the cows that ive had to put down and the damage to the back of the scull and neck was awesome . cheers bazz