T/C Venture

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
patchhounder
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Venture in .204Ruger

T/C Venture

Post by patchhounder »

I have a .204 in the T/C Venture all camo weather shield and was wondering with the 1:10 twist what would be a good bullet to shoot in it? I am new to reloading and am wanting to play around with it and was looking for any help or good ole fashioned advice. Thanks in advance.

JOSH EYE
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Re: T/C Venture

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

First off welcome to the forum! The 1-10 twist will stabilize most all of the 20 caliber bullets currently on the market except the 55 grain berger. That being said I would recommend the 39 sierra blitzking or the 40 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets if you want to get the best BC and overall performance from your 10 twist 204. Feel free to PM or email us if you have any additional questions. Email: sales@customreloadingtools.com

Brad
Custom Reloading Tools LLC
patchhounder

Post by patchhounder »

Thanks, I have been looking into the 39gr Sierra and also have been looking at the 35gr Berger. I appreciate your recommendations and am looking forward to throwing some lead down range. Thanks.

JOSH EYE
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Post by broper »

I would recommend the 32gr. Nosler Varmageddon and BLC(2) powder. I used them with Win. brass and Rem.7 1/2 primers in my Rem. 700 VLS and shot some really small groups. One measured .169".
Carolinablue
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Venture

Post by Carolinablue »

I've got the same rifle and I'm shooting 39 sierra blitz king with 25 gr. RL-10X with very good results.
patchhounder

Post by patchhounder »

Carolinablue, thanks for your reply!! What primers and brass are you using?? What are you considering good results?? Thanks.

JOSH EYE
cshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: 77 MK 2 standard sporter

Post by cshooter »

I got a black TC Venture in 204 about 2 weeks ago and have been getting 1/2 inch groups @ 100 yrd with the 40 gr Berger HP, 27 gr H4895, CCI br4, Win brass and a COL of 2.91 Ogive or 2.25 " measured from the tip of he shell. It may be a little on the hot side, so work up to it from 26 gr of powder. I need to get a Berger reload manual to see what they reccomend, but that combo seems to work good in my rifle so far. It is a pretty tough bullet also as it will go through a 3/8" steel plate at my range from 200 yrds. I bet it will smash a coyote too. One thing I noticed about my rifle is as long I shoot no more than 4 rounds at a time or let the barrel cool at least 15 minutes before shooting again, it groups very good, but once the barrel starts to warm up or becomes uneven in temp from breech to tip the accuracy really starts to spread. But if I keep that in mind I can get easy 2 " groups at 200 yrds with this rifle, load combo. I guess that's with all thin barreled rifles though, but this one seems very touchy about barrel temp diferences. Hope this helps.
Carolinablue

Post by Carolinablue »

patchhounder wrote:Carolinablue, thanks for your reply!! What primers and brass are you using?? What are you considering good results?? Thanks.

JOSH EYE
Sorry it took so long to get back to ya, shooting Win. brass and Win. gold primers.
Carolinablue

Post by Carolinablue »

Must have mind dialed in pretty good. With no wind, I popped an ole crow at 296 yds. last Sat. The 39 gr. sierra bk passed right through it's neck with very little damage. Guess it didn't hit any bone or enough mass. Would have thought it would have took it's head off, but it didn't.