35 Bergers

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
sav1373
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10

35 Bergers

Post by sav1373 »

Hi guys I am new to this forum but have read here for quite some time. I have been reloading my Savage 204 far a couple years thanks to you guys and your knowledge here. I have started looking at reloading with the Berger 35s before I run out of my Vmax 32s and can't find anywhere where they are in stock. Just hoping maybe someone on here might know of a place. Thanks for any help and what a great place to be
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Re: 35 Bergers

Post by Jim White »

I don't think they're making them any longer, but I could be wrong.
Roach68
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12, 20" barrel

Post by Roach68 »

I seen on another sight that someone asked Berger and they said they were going to tool up and run more in January. Whether that's true or not is unknown, Midway still shows them on their page as out of stock, no back order
shocker
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage

Post by shocker »

Roach68 wrote:I seen on another sight that someone asked Berger and they said they were going to tool up and run more in January. Whether that's true or not is unknown, Midway still shows them on their page as out of stock, no back order
Yea, that was my post on other forum. I emailed Berger about them and this is what they said:
We are not looking to produce a run of these bullets until sometime in Jan. This time could vary from actual production times due to the increased demand that we have had this season; although these should be fairly accurate within a few weeks.

We do a rolling production method to decrease setup times, increase quality, and increase output. So we will produce all backorders of a bullet model before we move onto the next one. We generally make more than one bullet design at a time, but due to the large quantity of design types that we offer, and the long production time each bullet is receiving at the moment due to large quantities of backorders, we are seeing abnormally long times between production cycles of bullet designs.
I have a couple of boxes backordered from Sinclair. I can't wait to get them!
My new rifle: Savage 12FLV .204!
sav1373
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10

Post by sav1373 »

Thanks for the replies. I looked and have enough Vmax to make 2 1/2 boxes, I will make these up and determine what I need to do. If by chance the 35s become scarce again, what suggestions on bullet can you give? I shoot a Savage 10 that is dead on with the Vmax, just looking for a bit more weight and no splash. I as of now only have Varget powder as powder is scarce around here also
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

For less splash the only bullet I know better than a Berger is the 45gn hornady spire point.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .