Pb blocker

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
truckerwalt
.204 Ruger Guns: RUGER MK II/SAVAGE MOD. 12

Pb blocker

Post by truckerwalt »

i recently read about a product called Pb blocker--their claim is that it reduces the cleaning bench time by 90%. has anyone tried this product and if so what are the pro's and con's of it. all of my guns seem to accumulate copper in varying amounts and i would like to avoid that as much as possible.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Pb blocker

Post by Bill K »

Can not help you re. Pb blocker, but SharpShooter's Wipe out and Accelerator works very well in copper removal and keeping your barrel clean and in shape. Bill K
truckerwalt

Post by truckerwalt »

i have used wipe out and had pretty good success with it but i was wondering if the Pb blocker can help prevent/reduce the copper to begin with. my grand son works on a drilling rig in No. Dak and they use this product by the 55 gal bbl. to clean up the pipe as they are pulling it up getting ready to move to a new site. thanks Bill for the response.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

By golly, I would try to obtain some, from him or somewhere and give it a try to compare. Unless someone, that has used it, comes on with a post and information. Bill K
truckerwalt

Post by truckerwalt »

go to Pbblocker.com and you can buy it on line from them. this is a little different than they use on the oil rig. i ordered a container but have not received it yet, i don't think the bottle is very big. my cost was about $11.00 plus shipping.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

truckerwalt wrote:go to Pbblocker.com and you can buy it on line from them. this is a little different than they use on the oil rig. i ordered a container but have not received it yet, i don't think the bottle is very big. my cost was about $11.00 plus shipping.
I went and ordered too give it a try. Their ad looks interesting..but hey, that is marketing.. Bill K :)
truckerwalt

Post by truckerwalt »

I have used this in most of my guns and have had excellent results. the directions said to apply to a warm barrel. I removed the stocks and warmed the barrels with a small propane torch. the barrels were not really not but pretty warm. after shooting my .204 and a couple .243'si run two wet patches with copper killer followed by a dry patch after about 10 min. then applied 20 strokes with a stiff brass brush and there was no sign of copper at all. the easiest job I have ever had!