bullet seating question (Lee dies)

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
kWm
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 varmint

Re: bullet seating question (Lee dies)

Post by kWm »

Alright guys.... I went ahead and dropped the $ on some new Norma brass, and a set of Redding Premier Deluxe dies with F/L, neck, and mic. seating die. I ran the expander ball through the brass, there were a couple of mouths that had a slight flat spot in them. I measured all the brass, they were dead on at 1.84". Measured necks, they were all dead nuts at .26". When I loaded them I was getting right at .001 neck tension and my OAL still varies up to .008". I measured 2 bullets before I loaded them back to back, there was .001" difference in them. When I loaded them there was .005" between the two loaded rounds. I set the mic die as directions said: screw in until touches shell holder, then back one turn out. What do you make of it??? Also got the Redding shell holder when I ordered the other stuff, I heard they are tighter fitting than the Lee. I'm using an RCBS RC IV press for whatever it's worth, everything seems tight on it.
savgebolt
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Venture , model 12 savage

Re: bullet seating question (Lee dies)

Post by savgebolt »

kwm,,,,, for the price of admission,,,, veriify your measuring device is accurate