best 45 gr sp hornady load?

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
KLR
.204 Ruger Guns: 527 cz

best 45 gr sp hornady load?

Post by KLR »

what is the best load for cz 527 varmint use
ing 45 gr sp hornady?
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: best 45 gr sp hornady load?

Post by Rick in Oregon »

KLR wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:06 pm what is the best load for cz 527 varmint use
ing 45 gr sp hornady?
So your asking "what is the best load in my rifle?"

This my friend, is why we all handload. YOU must find the best load in YOUR rifle. That's what it's all about. No one can tell you what the best load is, you must try different combinations to find it yourself. The load that works best in another rifle may be a complete toad in yours.

Get some powder and start load development. It's the only way you'll ever find that magic combination. If you consult the load info header at the top of the forum home page, there will be loads for that bullet with different powder combinations. Try some of these loads, always starting low and working up, and you are very likely to find what you are looking for. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

What RIck said. You will have to consult the load data, zero in a at least three powders, with that bullet, Try a couple of primer brands with the heavier cups, one being Rem 7.5, which just seems to work well with everything in the 204R.
Then load some 5 shot groups, ladder test, from start load and working up in at least 2/10th variance, seeing which one works best in YOUR rifle. When you find one that is better, then play with the seating depth of the bullet and see if that does not close the group up even more. You will find one that does the best, again in YOUR rifle, then you will have the answer to your question. Part of reloading and the fun we have with our hobby. Bill K
KLR
.204 Ruger Guns: 527 cz

Post by KLR »

guys just would like a to know what powder you like and load for a starting point thank you
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

I have been using CFE 223 the most, it has been working for me, with both 32 & 39 grain bullets. My best loads are up near max, so you want to start with the start load and work up slowly. Safety first. Bill K
robert w.
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger american preditor/cz527

Post by robert w. »

I think 45 grain pills are a mite heavy for 1 in 12 twist.my 527 has 1 in 12 and even 40 grain is much.39 grain is better