lets talk powder.....

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Re: lets talk powder.....

Post by skipper »

jsh wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:45 am
My PCP air rifle looks better every day.
Watch out! Those are just as vulnerable to the lefties as any other thing they won't tolerate.

It just makes sense to save every firearm you own versus selling them. That way you have something you can pass down to your children. Even my daughters have been to Dad's Shooting School. Pass it on!
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

For sure, just look how the want/wanted to ban bb guns and class them also as firearms. Made companies place red tips on barrels, etc. ( which the dummies never thought criminals flashing those fake guns would just remove so victims thought they were real guns.
So the higher grade and caliber rifles will be on their list at some point al, due to the powerful and deadly larger calibers, etc. :eek:
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Just think if the criminals started putting red tips on real guns. That might turn the proverbial tables making you think they're harmless.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

That well could come to pass. But our Ignorant politician/lawmakers don't have brains enough to think about that. 99 out of a 100 of them can not think beyond their nose. :idea:
Last edited by Bill K on Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsh
.204 Ruger Guns: Encore, savage LRPV

Post by jsh »

Out and about yesterday morning chasing stuff for work. Place opened at 0900, I was there and doors were locked. Ok not a problem, 10 minutes to Scheels. Got the last pound of N140, looked around quick and noticed they had a FULL selection of Saturn powder funnels, 17 and up. Got a 17 and a 20, guys been bragging on them and every time I go to make an order out of stock. VV powder was $41 lb.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

I like my Saturn funnels, but when I bought they had none for 17's. May have to order one, but may just stick with the kitchen household funnel I have been used as it fits perfect inside the 17 neck and has been working as such for years now. I like those Saturn funnels. Snowing again today, so may not get out to shoot and mess around. :)
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Funnels...... I like most others, started out with a plastic RCBS do-it-all funnel. This morphed to the Saturn funnels....better in all regards, but caliber specific. Then Brad at Custom Reloading Tools (now defunct) brought out the most nifty, well-designed reloading funnel to ever come down the pike.

Manufactured on CNC equipment, all aluminum, it offered a funnel of the perfect size, caliber specific, used a screw-on 2" drop tube if wanted, and a series of exact caliber screw-on tips to perfectly fit the neck of the brass cartridge neck from .17 to .45. Extremely well made.

With the demise of CRT, I'm certain there must be another maker who picked up on Brad's great idea for a powder funnel design. I know it's the very best one I've ever used for precision handloading. :wtg:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Tom Kat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527, Ruger American Predator in Magpul Hunter stock

Post by Tom Kat »

I like my saturn funnels as well
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."

John Maynard Keynes
jsh
.204 Ruger Guns: Encore, savage LRPV

Post by jsh »

What I have been using for quite a while is the little plastic tip deals from the Dr office. The thing they snap on the light to look in your ear or nose.

Half a dozen spilled into my pocket……