Best .204 brass

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
Gamikatsu
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527 Varming Kevlar/HS

Best .204 brass

Post by Gamikatsu »

About to place an order for 200 pieces of brass, and a 500 count box of 39 blitz's. Which brand of brass seems to be the best. Norma claims to be the best, but i always read about primer pockets coming loose. since i am shooting a hot load, i would rather not have a 4-5 shot brass life... thoughts?????

Edward
Duker
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 11, Savage dual port PTA. Both wear CBI barrels

Re: Best .204 brass

Post by Duker »

Nosler/Norma is as good as it gets and in my opinion much better than anything else. I run mine on the "warm" side as do most and have not found their brass to be soft.
randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Post by randyman »

I have 300 rounds of Norma brass and around 400 of Hornaday and haven't had a failure in either. Some, mostly the Norma have been loaded 4 or five times and have to be full length sized each time. Most of my loads are up near max as well.
MZ5
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye Predator

Post by MZ5 »

R-P has been far and away the best for me. It's no longer available. :-/
brooksb
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M12 FV

Post by brooksb »

I have RP&Win bought used, and Hornady purchased new and I would say the biggest difference between all of them is the Hornady, when seating bullets in new brass the first time after initial resizing there is too much variation is neck tension felt when seating bullets, I'd say about 1 in 10 seat much easier than the others ( I use std RCBS dies). The RP and Win seem better in that regard, I invariably shoot at least 30 at the range and get no more than 3% split necks when using any brass fired over 3 times.