pulling bullets

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
whistlepig51
.204 Ruger Guns: sako varmit

pulling bullets

Post by whistlepig51 »

New Pac-nor barrel shoots lights out but my old load is a bit too hot for it. Unfortunately, I have over 500 loaded rounds that the bullets need to be pulled on. I load on a Forster co-ax but also have a c style press. Do any of you have recommendations for a collet style bullet puller. I can't see myself using a hammer style for that many rounds.
TrapperDan
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 204,cz 527 american 204

Re: pulling bullets

Post by TrapperDan »

I have tried a few different pullers and have found that the Hornady works best for me. I don't use a lot of neck tension so they come out real easy without marring the bullet. Most of the small varmint bullets that we use are so soft that they cant take much pressure without distorting them. If they are in very tight, and you want to save the bullet, you have no choice but to use the hammer method. :(
Wolves . ISIS of the animal world
Varmint Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: 204 Ruger Rem XR-100,20VT, 20SCC,20TAC. Cortez, CO

Post by Varmint Shooter »

I also have found Hornady bullet puller to be the best for my needs. Agree with Trapperdan.
randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Post by randyman »

I had to pull 500 bullets from some reloaded .223 I bought on-line only to find they wouldn't shoot in my AR without being full length sized with a small base die. I was bummed to say the least but used my RCBS bullet puller & collet with no problems. I've never used the Hornady puller so no experience there. Agree with the statements above about the soft bullets and the potential for damage if the collet is tightened to much.
bigdaddyWSM
.204 Ruger Guns: savage

Post by bigdaddyWSM »

i loaded some 39 gr sbk & noticed 1 with a bad defect, my 223 collet on my rcbs puller worked great.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Grip-N-Pull Bullet Puller
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em