RL7 in the .204...

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: RL7 in the .204...

Post by Bill K »

With that chart, what did or does it show the pressure is running compared to the others / Usually the companies show pressure areas and cautions for given loads that they show and list.
I still say play safe and sane. :)
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

tko22 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:35 pmA simple "You were right." would have been sufficient.
I'll give you kudo's to the fact that you actually found a source that listed RL-7 for the 204. It's the only source I'm aware of, and for that, "you were right". Happy now?

Given the fact that it's at the very edge of suitability for this case being faster than ideal, I'd not use it when so many other suitable and proven slower powders are available that give blistering speed and excellent accuracy. RL-10X gives me all the speed I need, and squirrel and chuck kills at ranges I'm hesitant to list in all four of my 204 rifles, but it's your rifle and your decision.

This discourse reminds of of a saying......"Just because you could, doesn't mean you should"......

Lastly, were you embarrassed about something you said in your original post that you felt the need to delete it all?

Good luck, and Merry Christmas.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

tko22
.204 Ruger Guns: Browning X-Bolt, Mossberg MVP, Anderson AR15

Post by tko22 »

Thanks for the Christmas wishes.

I had no need to delete my post(s), but a moderator had the need to hit the submit button on a ban threat, before he/she had the facts. I decided I didn't need the hassle.

Too bad this sub-forum is a near ghost town. More folks might learn something new!

Have a happy and safe 2022!
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

"Ghost Town" this site and forum is far from even looking like such. It is one of the most active and best, for information and shooting buddies, male and female, that any of them. We just care for each others safety and welfare , which we should, including the mod's. :D
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

I'm locking this topic. It serves no purpose now.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em