case prep & reloading for the average dog

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Sinclair uniformer under power for me.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

I bought the bench mounted unit Rick suggested but keep turning to the Lyman chucked up in my drill. It just goes so fast. I put a drop of 3 in 1 oil on a Q Tip and mop the uniformer after about every five to ten cases and it doesn't bind. Mop the opposite direction the uniformer cuts. Without the lube the cases bind and spin in my hand.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Skip: That power tool has got 'ya spoiled, bud :!:

I can hear Tim Allen, aka Tim Taylor in the wings, grunting "oohh, oohh, ahhhh! :lol:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

skipper

Post by skipper »

I know, I know. You're right, I am a firm believer in MORE POWER. My Corvette proves the point. Why drive a 325 HP car whan you can drive a 688 HP car???
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Ha! I love it.....you're my kind of guy Skip. :lol: I don't want to publish what I drive here for fear of retribution, but I like to go fast too, and my cars mirror that need for speed...(pun intended).

I may have to add power to the reloading room soon, this stuff is starting to rub off on me too. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

No hijack intended---But 688HP Skipper???!!! HOO-RAH!!! Rick why are you afraid of retribution? I bet most of us "gun-nuts" are "gearheads" too. Is it because its not American built? I understand, but what is it??? Most folks know that THE BEST cars are sadly not built in this country.---hijack complete...LOL
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
skipper

Post by skipper »

For my 45th birthday I bought myself a Vette. (mid-life crisis) I wasn't impressed with the power since I was a '60s and '70s era muscle car child. Motorsport Technologies here in Houston took care of that problem. My wife won't even drive the car, she says it scares her to death. When the Hondas and Toyotas pull up beside me at a red light, I shoot a cloud of nitrous at them, hit the line locks and throw a cloud of blue smoke off the tires and just watch the look on their face. I can't even see out of the rear view mirrors when idling.

http://www.motorsporttech.com/print/mti ... ure01.html
Rugerdogdog

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Thats awsome! I'm more of a Mopar man. More like a Mopar Nut! But I do love what Cheby has done with the Vette, and FoMoCo with the 'Stang/Cobra/Shelby. I wish I thought someday I could swing a purchase on a Hennessy Venom 660! COME ON Rick, whatcha got there???
Oh ya.....reloading,.....bullets,......um guns,.......trimming,......um.......
(Ssshhh act like we are talking about guns when the owner of this thread comes by..............ssshhhhh........)

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Okay, okay....to continue the thread hijack, my fear of retribution is based on BMW, Porsche, and Audi, BUT......I'm still driving my trusty '75 Chevy 4x4 K-10 after 32 years.....350 balanced, blueprinted, lifted, all new running gear, interior, paint...you get the drift.

She still looks great, and has been to alot of elk funerals. :lol:

Also being a child of the 60's and '70's, and really fast cars, drag racing, builing killer small block Chevy's, I discoverd the joy of things built in Germany, their engineering, and how they handle in the turns going very, very fast, but..... I'll never give up my Chevy! :D

The 944 is track-ready, and with the dinky 2.0 liter motor, I can go a month on a tank of gas to work....no small deal any more. (But with all Weltmeister suspension, lowered, motor work, ZR-rated tires, I can get there quick too. :lol: )

Here's the old girl:

When I need speed:

And the 'work car': (It's for sale too....... :D )

Don't hate me for the German stuff, okay?.....promise?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

skipper

Post by skipper »

Let's hear it for American muscle. This is not my car guys. This car has the same Z07 package that my car does, but this isn't mine. Mine is pewter colored. I just thought you would like to hear what it sounds like. The building in the background is Motorsport Technologies. This car just dyno'ed at 650 RWHP.

Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Well now,I just gotta get in on this :wink: The difference between men and boys is the price of his toys :lol: . The 3/4 ton chevy has a 350hp 350 built by me and the 72 Riv GS has been with me 17 years now. It's got a 550 hp 455 stage 1 also built by me.We had to widen the stock rear rims a bit also. :twisted:
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

skipper

Post by skipper »

Hawkeye, I didn't know you were a gear head. I just can't seem to satisfy my need for speed. Now we just have to teach Rick how to buy American.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

See, I just knew you guys were gonna pick on me if I told you what I drove! :lol:

Okay, to vindicate myself, I'll tell you that I've gone through a '57 Chevy, my pet '63 Stingray Split Window Fastback Vette with a bonaroo blueprinted 327, 4-speed, a cherry '67 Chevy Malibu with a 11.5 second built, blueprinted 327 w/4-speed, and still have my '75 Chevy truck that is still running strong.

It's just now when I want to drive fast, and go through the turns, it seems the Germans have it together a bit more. But I'll be buried in my truck! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Varmonter

Post by Varmonter »

wow. You know the only cure for horsepower is more horsepower
1966 olds starfire 425 big block.stock 375 hp .Somthing about that neck cracking thing when you stomp on the go pedal. Makes my wife giggle.

Rick no need to apologize my last everyday driver was an s4.
My dream car is a Dinan m5..... woo woo woo
Rugerdogdog

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Wow now I feel like a terrorist! I dont remember a hijacking ever going so well! LOL
Rick, I would never give you grief over the cars you own. It is a fact that the Germans build better over-all packages. There are American cars that are FAST or luxurious or have style or handle well but when you want it all in one with great resale you look to the Germans, Italians. Ido have to say Im not a Bimmer fan. I worked for Mercedes too long!!!
Skipper, I'm also with you. On the COOL scale your car cant be beat! And if I cuold afford any of the aforementioned autos I would buy the Hennessy for pure viseral reasons. Handling and comfort be darn!!!