32g blitz kings,r10x and IRM 4064,W/W primers,CZ 527 Varmint

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
coyotewallace
.204 Ruger Guns: m77 VT

32g blitz kings,r10x and IRM 4064,W/W primers,CZ 527 Varmint

Post by coyotewallace »

Well this is what I have to work with. Other then new cases. I plan on shooting groundhogs,crows and anything else that falls under my list of varmints. I just picked up the CZ 527 Varmint and was wondering if you guys would be willing to give me a running start on loads that will work with the stuff I'm working with. I'm not new to reloading, just new to the 204. What can I expect from the 32g blitz King is there any other bullet that might be better? what type of scope sould I look at putting on and what kind of Range and groups should I expect?

Thx
Chuck
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: 32g blitz kings,r10x and IRM 4064,W/W primers,CZ 527 Varmint

Post by glenn asher »

I usually use Benchmark with the 32 SBK, Sierra recommended it and my rifles really like that load. The 32 SBKs are a bit more "tender" than the VMax and shred prairie dogs very well, although I haven't used it on anything larger. I use Federal 205Ms or the Remington 7 1/2 primers, for the tougher cups.
Winchester's primer cups are pretty soft, which might show more pressure signs, quicker, than other primers, that's been my experience. I have two CZs, the .204 is fine, but the other, a .221 Fireball, won't take heavier loads very well, as the firing pin hole is too large. Hopefully, your CZ.204 is like mine and will handle your primers okay. If it doesn't, switch to a CCI BR-4 or 7 1/2 primer, and it should perk along nicely. IMR-4064 is pretty slow for the .204, I'd concentrate on RL-10X and see how that works, first. Good luck!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

coyotewallace

The 32 gr. Sierra BKs work very well with RE-10X. For that matter, I have found that RE-10X will work with a wide variety of .204 bullets from the 32 - 45 grain. I worked my way up to 26.0 gr. with the 32s and ended up at over 4000 fps with no signs of pressure. They will shoot into 1/4 in. if I control the run out while seating. Some of us have found that controlling run out will reduce the fliers. The Redding Competition style sliding sleeve seating dies with micrometer on top are the best bet followed closely by the Forster Ultra.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

You will like the 32gr BK's I have been using the Ramshot Xterminator powder and have been getting excellent groups I like this powder better than the Hodgdon or IMR powders due to its ease of use in the powder thrower Ramshot is fine like sand. As for accuracy you will be able to hit any thing you can see through a 20x scope I don't change elevation between 25 yrds and 330 yrds the 32gr bullets are flat shooting I have killed baby squirrels the size of mice at 330yrd one after another. I have picked off squirrels at 390 yrds one after another so buy a good powerfull scope and clean the barrel often and use a brush when you do and you will lots of success. Happy shooting.