Lee trimmer

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
killman
.204 Ruger Guns: Browning A-bolt composite stocker

Lee trimmer

Post by killman »

Has anyone heard lately if lee has a .204 case length trimmer yet or if they plan to? I have seen many old posts on the subject just thought I would see if there was any new news.

Thanks Killman.
killman

Re: Lee trimmer

Post by killman »

ok thanks anyway guy's
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Lee would have to make a new cutter with a smaller diameter internal thread in order for it to work on a .204 case. Their existing one has a .204 hole in it. If it were .015 smaller, It would be doable :roll: . I like to use the Lee trimmers on all my military rifles. They're EXTREMELY quick and easy if you have a Lee Zip spindle!
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Post by BabaOriley »

I know I read somewhere (before I bought a used RCBS Trim Pro powered trimmer with a ton of extras) that the Lee .222 case length gauge is the same as recommended for the .204 ruger. The diameter is just too large. I read someone turned it down to fit in a .204 neck. I never thought about looking at the cutter to see if it would work, but I have (2) .222 case length gauges sitting here that I haven't opened. I guess for $3/pc it can't hurt to try it. You wouldn't even have to make it look pretty. The length is the main thing.
Cadeuses
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington Model Seven Predator

Post by Cadeuses »

BabaOriley wrote:I know I read somewhere (before I bought a used RCBS Trim Pro powered trimmer with a ton of extras) that the Lee .222 case length gauge is the same as recommended for the .204 ruger. The diameter is just too large. I read someone turned it down to fit in a .204 neck. I never thought about looking at the cutter to see if it would work, but I have (2) .222 case length gauges sitting here that I haven't opened. I guess for $3/pc it can't hurt to try it. You wouldn't even have to make it look pretty. The length is the main thing.
Well interestingly I have done exactly what you decribe here. My first attempt was one using the 222 case length guage, but found it was just too short overall to be practical. I then went on to use a 22-250 case length guage, and trimming it's length to the correct size, it worked perfectly. In fact, I only needed to turn down the last half of the 22-250 guage as the first part of it fit the 204 case already. Cheers and have a great day.
Cadeuses

Remington Model Seven Predator in .204 Ruger

killman

Post by killman »

Thanks guy's :D