Thoughts on Lee Collet Reloading dies.

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
jwisecarver
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Center Encore

Thoughts on Lee Collet Reloading dies.

Post by jwisecarver »

Just picked up a 204 Ruger barrel for my Encore. Have been reloading for years but always full lenght resized do to muliple guns in the same caliber. A friend suggested Lee collet dies and wanted to ask for opinions and thoughts good bad indeferent. Thanks ahead of time for any input. :)
Steve V
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint, Ruger 77 V/T

Re: Thoughts on Lee Collet Reloading dies.

Post by Steve V »

I have collet dies I use with my 204 and my 222. I like them. (I don't like Lee full length dies). I don't think they stress the brass quite as much as regular neck dies. I also like the seating dies that come with the Lee collet dies. just my 2 cents worth...
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

I'm not real familiar with Encore firearms, but I wonder if you can get by with just neck sizing and not have problems getting the spent casings to eject???

I have all bolt action rifles and the Lee collet dies have worked just great for me.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Rambler

Post by Rambler »

Silverfox; I was just wandring, did you have your savage rifle rebarreled or are you still shooting the factory tube if so --do you have a round count on that factory barrel? is it still shoting good? thanks Rambler..
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

Rambler--The shot count for the factory barrel on Savage 12VLP in .204 Ruger is 2,384 shots and still going strong. The accuracy isn't what it was 2,000 shots ago, but prairie dogs out to 250 to 300 yards are still in peril when I'm shooting that old Savage.

My new 1 in 11" twist 3-groove super match grade Pac-Nor barrel is still sitting in my reloading room waiting for the Savage factory tube to wear out. I'm getting anxious to have that barrel installed, but I'll hold out until the factory tube accuracy goes south on me.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Rambler

Post by Rambler »

Silverfox: Thats good news and thats a good number of shots, You have more will power than I do, But you are doing the right thing. well just as soon as you get the other barrel on let us know how it does.. thanks Rambler.