Best primer pocket uniformer and flash hole deburr tool

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
clint85
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger MKII .204 Ruger

Best primer pocket uniformer and flash hole deburr tool

Post by clint85 »

What type/brand tools are yall using for primer pocket uniforming and flash hole deburring? I'm leaning towards buying the redding tools but I'm not 100% decided.

Thanks
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Re: Best primer pocket uniformer and flash hole deburr tool

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

as far as a primer pocket uniformer goes I believe Reddings tool is the best. I am slightly biased about the flash hole debur tool, i believe that our tool is one of the best on the market for 20 caliber. By the way we are also a Redding dealer and have their primer pocket uniformers in stock.

Brad
Custom Reloading Tools LLC
Shamu25
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint in .204

Post by Shamu25 »

Also check out the KMShooting.com flash hole uniformer in .20 cal. I have one and works great. Just another option
Wrangler John
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Precision Target/Shilen Custom

Post by Wrangler John »

I've been using the Sinclair tools for years, before any others were available. They work just fine. These tools, regardless of brand, are about as simple as possible, they all work the same. I use the Sinclair uniformers with the power tool adapter, as using a power drill leaves a better finish inside the pocket. Besides, doing a batch of 500 or 1000 cases by hand is too slow and will leave the hands sore. Sinclair also has a full range of flash hole deburrin tools, including the PPC cases.
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

i have to respectfully disagree with the statement that "they all work the same". There are many variations of primer pocket uniformers and flash hole debur tools on the market. Some of the flash hole debur tools index off the floor of the case while others index off the case mouth. In addition some flash hole debur tools are set to cut deeper and remove more material than others. To my knowledge our tool is the only one machined from 303 stainless steel. We start with solid 303 stainless steel bar stock, we turn it down to the appropriate diameter and polish it smooth. We then drill the end and install the cutter to a very precise depth so that it only removes the necessary amount of material from around the flash hole. We also machine the driver/holder portion of the tool from solid 303 stainless steel. I am unaware of any other companies that build their flash hole debur tools with the quality and precision that we do. To top it off we offer a lifetime gurantee on our tool. Here is a link to the tool: http://www.customreloadingtools.com/crt_013.htm
Wrangler John wrote:I've been using the Sinclair tools for years, before any others were available. They work just fine. These tools, regardless of brand, are about as simple as possible, they all work the same. I use the Sinclair uniformers with the power tool adapter, as using a power drill leaves a better finish inside the pocket. Besides, doing a batch of 500 or 1000 cases by hand is too slow and will leave the hands sore. Sinclair also has a full range of flash hole deburrin tools, including the PPC cases.
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

I use a Redding primer pocket uniformer and like it. I'm sure the Sinclair and K&M are good. For flash hole deburring I use the Sinclair tool. It indexes off the case mouth and works because I'm finicky about case length. I do have to agree with Brad about indexing off the case web. It gives you the freedom of using it before case length is finished after fire forming. I would go that route if I had it to do over, and will eventually anyway. The Sinclair Generation II tool indexes off the floor but, is not yet made for 17 or 20 caliber. That says something, I believe.
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

I've got both the KM and CRT tools. My only gripe with the CRT is it clogs easily. But a quick tap on the bench after each cut usually prevents this. Otherwise a very solid consistent tool. And it can be thrown in a drill too!