First woodchucks this year.

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
Earl Three Beavers
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

First woodchucks this year.

Post by Earl Three Beavers »

Woodchucks are just starting to venture out here and a nearby just mowed field got me out on Monday. I took five of them with my CZ527 Varmint, .204 Ruger, of course. ;) The largest was 13.5 lbs, pretty large for a spring chuck.

The most fun were the two little ones at the same hole at 295 yards. :D At about eight inches long they are harder targets, but dumber, meaning I got a second shot. (Didn't factor in the 10 mph wind the first time.)Twelve, 15 minutes later and they were back out. This time I held about 2.5" over and an inch to the left , Woody disappeared. But Chucky remained, undisturbed. Did the same hold again and Chucky did a helicopter in the scope! :D Both were pretty well taken apart by the Sierra 39BK.

I'd like to post some pix but need to sign up with a photo website, haven't done that before. What's one that works easily for you guys? I have a tin can and string dial up, nothing else available out here in the boondocks. Thanks.[/i]
Lord, help me to be the man my dog thinks I am.
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

I sure do like photobucket as I am a computer retard and it is VERY simple. I do have DSL though and have no idea how a slower connection would affect it.
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

I use Photobucket with dial-up and it works fine. Plus it's free! :D Gary
Earl Three Beavers
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by Earl Three Beavers »

Thanks Rugerdogdog and Gary, I'll check into it this evening. :wink:
Lord, help me to be the man my dog thinks I am.