Montana Trip - Photos

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Goody523 - where in Montana were you? (what town?)
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

:eek: Well got to add my 2cents. Congrads on good trip with a great bunch of guys including your dad. I can 2nd the western hospitality. We went on a few PD trips to Wyoming and ranchers couldn't wait for us to come back. Great "RED mist" pic...........his eyes were still open.
Thanks for sharing and good luck on all your hunts with dad and family.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
goody523

Post by goody523 »

I was hunting outside of Jordan, MT. I have posted more photos under a separate link called "Montana Flying Prairie Dog Circus".
If I spent as much time trying to manage my investments as I do researching guns and shooting I could retire 15 years earlier...
saladin

Post by saladin »

at 50 yards, he could at least have headshot the poor thing :P
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Jordan - cool. I was born in Miles City.

How were the mosquitos?
goody523

Post by goody523 »

Didn't see a single mosquito the whole time we were out there (which is fine by me!).

As far as the 50 yard head shots go, the reason we were so close is not for the shooter with the gun, it's for the shooter with the camera (even with a big, expensive camera lens you need to be pretty close to capture that kind of detail). I do have a couple of headshot sequences but they aren't anything worth posting - the good launches come out of a shot that is dead center or in the lower third.
If I spent as much time trying to manage my investments as I do researching guns and shooting I could retire 15 years earlier...