stock painting

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Re: stock painting

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Here are some more shotsImageImage
Savage12VLP

Post by Savage12VLP »

Does painting the weapon reduce it's value in the event a guy wants to sell it?
Savage12VLP

Post by Savage12VLP »

Ryan that is a really nice paint pattern. It the color of paint those same ones that were mentioned earlier?

How did you make the leaf pattern?
Ryan S Albright

I use four colors of Krylon camo paint. wipe the gun down with denatured alcohol then coat the rifle with a dark paint. I cut a leaf off a sagle palm out side and some cat tails I all so use vines or tree leafs out of the yard for a stincle and paint the intire rifle in a few minutes. I cover the scope parts with serane wrap and go for it. I have sold a rifle that I painted and every one loved it. Just hold the leaf over the rifle and spray the paint if you don't like it cover it up with paint then try again. The paint can be taken of with gun scrub. I have painted my bolts over and used them and later used gun scrub to take the paint off. Like I said I change paint several times a year its fun.
Ryan S Albright

I have never used the plastic coat. The paint jobs are not mint to last forever they are to take the shine off the rifle and match the terrain you hunt in. The cover that I hunt in goes from grass land to desert to mountain scrub oak or mountain granite. I like to think I can fool a coyote or bobcat. The paint can make a cheap gun look good and add weather proofing It wears off pretty easy but that is good if you want to take it all off use gun scrub. I don't remove the paint before repainting I just add more over the old. The camo paint is not like regular paint it goes on thin and leaves a dry ruff finish mint to hide shine.
sniper model 12
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 single shot synthetic stock bull barrel

Post by sniper model 12 »

I finally got a chance to do some beginning painting. . . the gun is not finished yet. . . but will be soon! :D

I have some green and gray to add.

Thanks for all your help!
"Adopt the pace of Nature: Her secret is patience."
Ralph Waldo Emerson