Back from SD pictures.

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
kenyonh
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VLSS

Back from SD pictures.

Post by kenyonh »

Baby antelope. Thought it was way cool.

20 foot elevated knoll-360 deg. around us was dog town

I just like this because the guns is so freaking pretty. Note the .45- I don't do snakes. CCI shotshells do!

now for the fun..

And my favorite...................The "Facelift Extreme"!!
Greg H.
Not only do we have opposing thumbs, we also have trigger fingers.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Re: Back from SD pictures.

Post by acloco »

Those pictures are so good....I can SMELL the prairie dogs from here.

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

Great pictures. Now you went and gave me the urge to get back out and shoot a few of those little prairie dogs myself.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

That Remington looks just like mine! Loved the pics, looks like some good shooting. Gary
kenyonh
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VLSS

Post by kenyonh »

Captqc
Yeah, I just found a picture with you and your VLSS. I happened across mine on gunbroker.com and seldom ever see one. I'm hoping they discontinue it for the value to go up. Still learning the gun as I think all guns have a "g-spot" in how they are shot(at least if you want to hit something). I do know that this gun of mine is not really fond of factory loads but that's no bother to me. I can't afford to shoot it that way anyway. Reloading is the only way to go.
Thanks for looking at the pics. I new to this and hope they weren't too over the top in gore. I love it, but the wife says I'm nuts. Yeah, she stayed at home and will again next year. I the mean time I really need to find something here in SW MO to shoot with the .204. I'm thinking about crows. I've called them into within .22 LR range and it a TON a fun also. I just haven't seen anyone on the forum yet that is in to it yet.
Greg H.
Not only do we have opposing thumbs, we also have trigger fingers.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Greg,
I haven't done anything to mine except reduced the trigger to about 2 lbs. So far I've only shot factory ammo and other than putting it on paper to set-up the new scope I haven't shot for group size. It does just fine for minute of sage rat and my first three shots out in the field were kills. I've managed to hit rats out at 460 yards so I'm a little afraid to fix what ain't broke. (I know that bedding and floating the barrel improves rifles just not ready yet to mess with it) :duh:
Gary
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

kenyonh wrote:I the mean time I really need to find something here in SW MO to shoot with the .204.
Greg,
When you figure that out, let me know! I wish that we had prairie dog populations closer to home so that I could shoot them more frequently.
majcl5

Post by majcl5 »

Me and my son have those exact rifles and i love them . Great looking and shootin, Remington just recently puit them in the line up. But Sportsmans is not carrying them anymore they said they didnt move much of them ...go figure
Great pictures
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

kenyonh wrote:Captqc
Thanks for looking at the pics. I new to this and hope they weren't too over the top in gore. I love it, but the wife says I'm nuts. Yeah, she stayed at home and will again next year. I the mean time I really need to find something here in SW MO to shoot with the .204. I'm thinking about crows. I've called them into within .22 LR range and it a TON a fun also. I just haven't seen anyone on the forum yet that is in to it yet.
My wife figures I'm nuts as well. I did manage to talk her into coming out for some camera work and she did a fabulous job. Lots of praise which means she may come out to do it again :lol: As for the crows, both of my 204's love connecting with them. It's such a nice treat watching the puff of feathers through the scope. I bait them with dog food (crows, ravens, and magpies) and every once in a while I get to whack a yote that visits the bait pile :twisted:
Savage Vaporizer