Indiana cougar!

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
Fatman
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MKll

Indiana cougar!

Post by Fatman »

Local news had a confirmed cougar spotted not four blocks from my home here in Terre Haute IN. Coyotes are getting to be a huge problem on the out skirts of the city, but a cougar! I have a two year old that loves our back yard, may not reach for the .204, but if he was ever in harms way, I would definitely reach for something! I have not much knowledge about them, as they are not very common around here. I guess with the huge deer populations, and farmers with thousands of acres that no one can hunt, anything is possible. Bob cats are getting to be as common a road kill as coons anymore though.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: Indiana cougar!

Post by Captqc »

Fatman, sounds like here in Oregon, the tree huggers made it so you can't hunt cougars with dogs anymore so now they are as thick as democrats at a government handout. :wall: Can't wait for the government to take away our guns so we will have to fight them with sharp sticks! :doh: Gary
Last edited by Captqc on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Post by bullfrog »

Captqc wrote: as thick as democrats at a govermnent handout.
Love that. I'm gonna have to start using it!
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Bullfrog, it would help if I had spell checker! :doh: Gary
jtmarine1911
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 11FNS

Post by jtmarine1911 »

They are becoming a little more common in Indiana. I am certain I glassed one over at the family farm last October but out over 1000yds with some cheap binos it was hard to be 100%. And my brother swears he saw one about a mile from where I was during the 07 deer season. Not to very close to Terre Haute, I'm about 30 mins north of Louisville.
Savage 11FNS 204 Ruger, Tasco 8-24x Varmint AO
Savage 12FV 22-250, Nikon 6-18x BuckMaster SF
Savage 340E 222Rem.
Savage 340E 223Rem.
Marlin 917V 17HMR,
Win. Mod.70 Stealth II 308Win., Barska 8-32x SWAT
Ruger No.1 7mmRem.Mag, Nikon 6-18x Buckmaster SF
rpknaz
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger KM77VT MKII with Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40

Post by rpknaz »

Fatman wrote: Local news had a confirmed cougar spotted not four blocks from my home here in Terre Haute IN. Coyotes are getting to be a huge problem on the out skirts of the city, but a cougar!
Can't you hunt them there?
Peace and love will get you killed. Unarmed helplessness is a welcome mat for evil. Self-defense is the most powerful, driving instinct in good people everywhere. To deny it is evil personified. Ted Nugent.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

jtmarine1911 wrote:They are becoming a little more common in Indiana. I am certain I glassed one over at the family farm last October but out over 1000yds with some cheap binos it was hard to be 100%. And my brother swears he saw one about a mile from where I was during the 07 deer season. Not to very close to Terre Haute, I'm about 30 mins north of Louisville.

Scottsburg or Austin? :lol: I live in Louisville, PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

We have them here but rarely see them. Look for there tracks They have a large round print with round toe pads.