Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- New Member
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:49 pm
- .204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527 Varming Kevlar/HS
distance was 125 yards. Off a shooting stick (single stick type). Bullet went in basically right front breast area of the groundhog, and did not exit. I couldn't believe the 32gn VMax superformance varmint load did not exit. But the groundhog was flung 2-3 foot backwards and never twitched. I hope the picture loads right!
- IMG_1209.JPG (6.38 MiB) Viewed 174 times
- Senior Member
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:51 pm
- .204 Ruger Guns: Remington LVSF, Cooper M21V, C-Z 527 Kevlar V
Good job. You're gonna love that CZ on groundhogs and coyotes. I prefer the heavier 39 gr. Sierra Blitzkings or 35 Bergers myself, and I try to limit ranges on those varmints to 300 yards for efficient kills. Longest groundhog was 450 yards (39 BK), but took two shots with my 24" barrel Kevlar; my longer-barreled Cooper .204 may/may not have done it in one.
- Junior Member
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:59 pm
- .204 Ruger Guns: ruger american preditor/cz527
Whistle pig is sleepin . Good shot id say
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest