Wish I Was Here.....

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Wish I Was Here.....

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Going over photos from our last rat shoot, I came across this one below. It makes me say to myself: "Wish I was here", meaning I wish I was back in that idyllic place we last visited to give Skippy and his pals flying lessons instead of back home doing chores again.

Mountain view, short alfalfa and hay grass, sunshine, good friends, lots of squirrels, BR Pivot, 204's and 20VT's to send Skippy off to Valhalla.....good times indeed. Just wish it lasted all year, but then we wouldn't have good stuff to look forward to every year, right? ;)

Oh how I love this time of year; just wish it lasted longer!
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Wish I Was Here.....

Post by Bill K »

Know just what you mean Rick.. Those places and others like them, in our memories were fun. Thank you for sharing that. Bill K :)
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Me too, Rick although don't know if the pocket book could afford it. Got 10-lbs of Reloader 15 coming [sorry, no RL-7] that darn near kisses $300 just to get it to my door step, and I hope it-is RL-15 that arrives. Since Alliant has changed their packaging to red letters [vs. the color coded style] I can see where it would be easy to grab RL-19 in lieu of RL-15 because they look a lot alike.

Hope all is well...
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

That view is still burning in my tired ol' memory. Times like that, spent with good friends, doing what we all love, together, out in field, are some of my fondest memories. I need to get back in my "War Room" as our friend Greg puts it, and process brass from my last outing. I think I may have one more outing this year, but that will be the end, for this year anyway! :huh:
Thanks for sharing Rick, I feel the same way!
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

What a grand site to behold. Thanks for sharing with us, my invitation must have got mixed in with the Obamocare mail!! :alright:
Please, no Sidewinder today!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Sidewinderwa wrote:What a grand site to behold. Thanks for sharing with us, my invitation must have got mixed in with the Obamocare mail!! :alright:
SW, I'd never, EVER tarnish your mailbox with any mail co-mingled with anything NObamacare-related! :eek:

If you're willing to drive, an invitation just may be offered next year. You up for it? :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Guy M

Post by Guy M »

Heck of a photo Rick. A place most of us would like to be.

Regards, Guy
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Those are the places that live forever in memories/minds and stories. Thanks again. Bill K :)
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Rick, you bet I would make the drive. I drive 4 1/2 hours to go to Idaho to shoot sage rats and have been to Oregon several times. I drive over 12 hours to shoot prairie dogs in Montana. I love the trigger time. It would be a pleasure to see the Raptor in action! :horse: :horse:
Please, no Sidewinder today!
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Sidewinderwa wrote:Rick, you bet I would make the drive. I drive 4 1/2 hours to go to Idaho to shoot sage rats and have been to Oregon several times. I drive over 12 hours to shoot prairie dogs in Montana. I love the trigger time. It would be a pleasure to see the Raptor in action! :horse: :horse:
It's worth the trip :wink: :wink: :wink:

A 4 1/2 hr. drive to shoot ground squirrels; I can only wish...but it's been a heck-of-a-party :party2: :party1: :party3: every time, even in bad weather.

Jim