Video fun from 2016

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
majcl5

Video fun from 2016

Post by majcl5 »

Finally finished the last trips videos, got to busy with life. Hope it helps with off season blues :D
https://youtu.be/WFBHw0BIKIw
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Re: Video fun from 2016

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Nice video, what calibers were your guys using? It is so nice to make red mist with friends and family.
Please, no Sidewinder today!
majcl5

Post by majcl5 »

One .223 and the rest of us use .204's 40 grain v max .
Total blast it never gets old we have all shot tons of those critters and one would think it gets old and I laugh and smile after every successful hit.
Nothing like taking the kids and watching them shoot and there reactions , it's great fun for kids.
What's getting tuff is all the poisoning going on I have lost a lot of amazing fields to poisoning . I heard that it is currently outlawed ?? Can Anybody else confirm this ???
Rem 700 VLSS .204
randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Post by randyman »

I haven't heard anything about outlawing the poisoning but hope it's true. Squirrels were almost not-existent in my favorite hay fields last year.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Mark: Great video fun, buddy. I'm with you; squirrel shooting is about as much fun as you can have with a rifle. :wink:

As to your poison comment.......same here. My rancher buddies tell me that there's a new poison used with cabbage that has a 95% kill ratio, and supposedly does not contaminate the food chain. They tell me it's very cost effective (for them) and easy to use.

To me, ANY poison used on animals is wrong, but when these guys lose up to $300K a year due to crop loss, I suppose it's understandable, but DANG!, it sure screws up what used to be some premier squirrel shooting! :mad: I know we'd all volunteer to "service" their crops every spring for squirrel elimination, and we'd do it for FREE!

We don't need no stinkin' poison! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Post by randyman »

The ranch we have permission to shoot on told us they poisoned with cabbage last year. I'd have to agree with your kill/success rate based on the number of squirrels I saw on 5 trips out there. I was told that one squirrel eats the equivalent of a bale of hay in it's lifetime which based on the number of rats I use to see out there adds up to a lot of hay. Not to mention the damage they do to levees and roads. I can't blame the rancher for doing what he has to do but dang, I bought my Tikka .204 just last year for the soul purpose of shooting this guys squirrels.
majcl5

Post by majcl5 »

I sure hope it's true It's really making it tuff over there and a sport we all love is hurting right now . The intel I got said it was outlawed now but time will tell
Rem 700 VLSS .204
brooksb
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M12 FV

Post by brooksb »

great video, I'm in the market for a table so does anyone recognize the brand of the table used, I haven't found any another table where the top adjusts for elevation, i have also seen these in other Youtube videos.