How Is Everybody's Season ?

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
majcl5

How Is Everybody's Season ?

Post by majcl5 »

My season Will be little to none, I tore my Achilles in February :wall:
I will have to live thru you guys ,I guess when you hit 47 its time to retire from basketball
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Re: How Is Everybody's Season ?

Post by randyman »

Sorry to hear about your injury and hope the recovery is quick. Although I haven't put anything furry in the cross hairs yet, I've got a squirrel trip planned for the end of this month way up in N. Ca. It'll be a new area as the ranch I normally shoot at is putting out poison for the rats. I just retired a couple weeks ago so have been spending a lot of time finding out which bullet/powder combo my 204 likes best. After about 20 or so combos, I think I'm getting close with 29.4 grains of CFE223 and 32 grain Nosler Varmageddon's. Speedy recovery! Randy
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Me & my shooting partner have had some decent hunts over the past month, even with the weather being up and down, as for rain, cloud cover, wind and cold and snow. But we have had breaks and have had at least one day a week of good shooting on squeeks. It will only get better when the sun comes out more often and warms things up, and before the alfalfa gets too high to see the little rascals. So far each of us have taken out around sixty, each trip. Both shooting 20 SCC and 20-223AI's and sometimes the 204R and/or 221 FB. Bill K
majcl5

Post by majcl5 »

Uggggg that poison is ruining our fun, it really needs outlawed ,where are the bleeding hearts when we need them :lol:
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Post by randyman »

I agree 100%! I have to switch to lead-free bullets in a couple of years because of lead toxin found in some southern Ca. Condors over 300 miles away.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

And that lead toxin that was actually found in their blood, was not from residue from lead bullets, but from lead paint and such out of old government buildings in and around the China Lake area. But the liars, that presented a road kill deer to the commission, that had not even been shot, sold the state authorities a bill of lies and goods, but got the lead ban passed. And of course old Moonbeam signed it and the followup laws into law, for the whole state, which has no condor's at all. Total farse, that we hunters and fishermen have to live with. Bill K