TC Venture Predator model

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
clarkkent14
.204 Ruger Guns: none

TC Venture Predator model

Post by clarkkent14 »

Do any of you have this in the 204? I'm thinking of getting one because of the 1:10 twist. I want to shoot 40 grain pills for coyotes. Or 39 or 45. Whatever I can get the best performance out of. I like the Tikka t3x a lot, but not sure how it handles 35+ grain loads.
randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Re: TC Venture Predator model

Post by randyman »

I can't help you out with the TC but I have a Tikka T3 Hunter that shoots very well. It was a toss-up which gun to use for the 5 shot challenge but I went with my AR because outside temps were 90+ and heading into the 100's on the day I had to shoot. My Tikka barrel heats up pretty quick and I didn't want to risk having some stray shots due to barrel temps. I've shot 40 gr. Hornadys' out of it with no trouble but usually load with 32 gr. for squirrels. Randy.
Fordevr
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka T3 Varmint Heavy Barrel SS

Post by Fordevr »

I have the Tikka T3 Heavy Barrel Varmint and it loves Federal Premium 40 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip. Shot the 3 in the oval and then the 2 in the lower circle, all at 400 yards. Just in time to start calling Yotes. :D
Attachments
IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1017.JPG (2.06 MiB) Viewed 1239 times
JaxTeller
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Post by JaxTeller »

I have a T/C Venture in .204. Regular model, which is suspect is the same action and a barrel as the Predator model. Just a different stock and finish. I do not currently reload, but with the 40gr V-Max Hornady pills, the rifle is a shooter even in my hands. I can have rounds touching at 200 yards. I would highly recommend it any day. Tikka makes a nice rifle, but in the 204 you cannot beat the Venture.

Also consider the $75 MIR currently being offered.