The Perfect 204 Day

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

The Perfect 204 Day

Post by Rick in Oregon »

As it's currently about 19 degrees here, freezing fog, and more winter to go, this shot seems to be about the perfect day...Sunny and warm, an accurate 204 on the bench, good scope, shade, favorite beverage, good friends, and a target rich environment.

How far away is springtime???

Coyotes are fun, but right now, that warm weather sounds real good!
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

The N.U.B.

Post by The N.U.B. »

We've had snow on the ground here for 6 1/2 weeks. I know most of you guys (and gals) think Colorado is close to Alaska, but we usually get some 70 degree days in January. High on Friday is suposed to be 5. I headed to western Kansas last weekend to shoot some Jacks and couldn't even get down the roads cause all the snow. Farmers must be lovin it, but us shootin folks are ready for a thaw.

Come on summer!
Only good Prairie Dog is a dead Prairie Dog.
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

I'm with both of you guys. Had enough of winter. We are going to Mazatlan for 2 weeks starting on Monday. Like Rick, I can't wait to shoot some squirrels.
contender hunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Contender 23'' Bull BBL. Custom laminate Stock

Post by contender hunter »

Hey Whistlepig , I thought for sure you were in PA !! I must be having one of my spells . LOL Diddn't mean to rub it in about not having any snow here in PA . :P :D
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Farmers hate snow as much as anyone. Ever try to feed cows with 18" of snow on the ground? The only good thing about it, is the moisture for the ground come springtime, especially if there's been a drought. I'd think Colorado could use the moisture! It's been awfully dry out that way.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
savage12fv

Post by savage12fv »

Glen feeding cattle in 18" of snow can be fun my 4x4 mahindra tactor. If your feeding hay and not grain.
jb747

Post by jb747 »

Just spent two days in New York, and froze. How do you guys survive winters in the USA? Back in nice warm Oz now.....
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Its funny. Sounds like we are ALL experiencing some degree of cabin fever. We FINALLY got above freezing, after about 3 1/2 weeks!
I just HAD to get the famliy out in the sticks.
It got up to 40something!!! I shot 3 jackrabbits. The wife never even took her new gun off her shoulder on her first rabbit hunt! HAHAHA Spring cant be far away, RIGHT??? :lol:
Right now its 21 and snowing. :evil:
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Rugerdogdog, Beautiful children.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Rugerdogdog....looks like the family had a nice, cool outing in some great looking (and familiar) country. Your daughter reminds me of my grand daughter.....amost twins (are we related? :D )

I'm still waiting for the weather shown in my pic at the top of the thread though.....I'm ready for winter to turn to spring! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

savage12fv wrote:Glen feeding cattle in 18" of snow can be fun my 4x4 mahindra tactor. If your feeding hay and not grain.
Be careful with those Mahindras when you've got any kind of weight on the front loader (bales). They're so light on the back end that it's VERY easy to lose all traction on the rear tires. I buried one this spring because I couldn't get ANY traction on the rears.
cracker

Post by cracker »

I love the winter and snow, however the older i get the longer they seem. now the wife is asking me "how do you like winter now", temps for the next ten days are going to be around -10 f to zero f with wind chills around -10 to -40 below. dont touch that gun or your hands may freeze to it and you can set it down.
Cracker
Stay warm
Sportingly
cracker
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Rick, I dont believe I have any family in your neck of the woods. Although I am related to some Petersens in Spokane, my wife has a brother going to school there too. I did visit Brookings a few years back, but I was a good boy on that trip! HAHA
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.