Ultimate Coyote Hide

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Ultimate Coyote Hide

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Think Gillie Suit....a good buddy of mine, former military (USN) builds custom gillie suits for "operators", professionals who go into harms way as a way of life. These gillie suits are custom made for the particular surroundings the operator will deploy to, so must be made with extreme care to blend in naturally. They are built for desert, jungle, forest, and about every environment a sniper team is deployed, one at a time.

These gillies have seen use in all the places you see on CNN, but you'll most likely never see the guy who uses them, nor the acutal item on the news for reasons we can all understand.

We've used these for coyote sniping out in the bush, and to say they work would be an understatement, it's almost not fair to Ole Wiley....almost. ;)

In this picture, there is a shooter and a spotter using a spotting scope on a small tripod. The lace material is courtesy of the USMC, and is a bit out of place in the photo, but this was staged during a shoot when we got back to the truck just for fun. The shooter is using a USMC M40A2 7.62 NATO rifle. Spotter is a Leupold Tactical. Just thought you guys would enjoy seeing the Ultimate Coyote Hide from the high desert in action. Cool, huh? :wink:

Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Post by bullfrog »

Awesome! It took me several seconds to find the gun. Bet you can get those dogs to walk right over you. Best camo I've seen posted on this site. :hail: Can anybody out do that? Let's see some pics.
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Very nice! What is it made of? There are new synthetics out now that are light , easy maintenance and do not smell like burlap. Obviously this person knows what he is doing. Great picture. :eek:
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Camouflage, cover and concealment. Marine Recon basic training. Camouflage must match the terrain and break the silhouette.

There is an old wives tale that a Marine Recon can make it from one end of a football field to the other, undetected. Thanks, Rick. It's good to see (or not see) a guille again. I have had deer walk right up to me before. They know you are there by smell but can't tell exactly where you are.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Sidewinder, Skip and bullfrog: Thanks, I'll pass along your comments to my buddy Dave, the maker of these gillies (who will be with me this weekend on a desert outing).

He uses a basic set of USMC BDU's for the base, and then builds on that. The front chest, elbows, and front legs are all triple layered for crawl/drag, and he also makes drag bags for rifle/equipment. His materials vary depending on terrain/fauna of course, and any burlap used is pretreated to remove all traces of the telltale scent.

Some of his clients are former USMC, Rangers, SEALs that have gone onto "other" work, and require such gear, but most of this stuff goes to active duty personnel still on the job. He's got quite a reputation in the field with our guys, and has for going on 12 years now. He's even got some member of the SAS using this stuff.....no small feat. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Wow, How did I miss this thread.No pun intended. Thats some sweet camo.All I see is a gun,spotter scope ring and maybe the shooters boot. I should get one to scare my neighbors :lol:.
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition