204 Fun at the Beach??

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

204 Fun at the Beach??

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Sure you bet....some beaches anyway. ;)

Here's our crew giving Skippy his jumping lessons at one of "our" ranches that happens to have a large lake on the property, with shooting positons all round a large pennensula that is infested with ground squirrels.

Being as the season is almost upon us, here's some 204 fun pics from last season "on the beach".

Fun in the shade:

No Dan......he's over there!

Lookin' down range:

A break in the action:

The result......Skippy with Excedrin Headache No. 204!

Come on Springtime.....let's give it another go! :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

What? No bikinis? I was going to go look tomorrow but rain, rain, mud.
savage12fv

Post by savage12fv »

Rick in oregon I dont want to start any flames but there is a house in the back ground and it looks in the picture as if your crew is shooting in the same direction.
The future starts with you.
Take a kid Hunting&Fishing.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Acknowledged. You can't see the rolling terrain in the photo, but there are rises in between the house/ranch and our shooting positions that rise up to at least 20' high. There was zero danger of that house ever being hit, believe me. Safety is always paramount on these shoots.

No flame taken. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Rat Force One

Post by Rat Force One »

as safety chairman of the Eastern Oregon Raptor Feeding Society (note Rick's shirt) I can say with out a doubt that myself (on the bench) and the guys I shoot with are the safest you'll find anywhere.

Plus you guys don't really want to see me in a bikini!
nothing beats red mist in the morning
savage12fv

Post by savage12fv »

Glad to see that you and your crew think safety first. I wish everyone would put that first in there thoughts.
Rat Force One

Post by Rat Force One »

I agree. Aside from not wanting to get shot, I don't want to be around the guy that ruins it for all of us. I want to be able to do this when I'm old and crusty.
nothing beats red mist in the morning
cracker

Post by cracker »

Rick I too saw those buildings and thought that it didnt look right. glad to hear you guys "do it right" with the safty. also glad to see other pointing it out, that means they are on their toes
Sportingly
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

On that particular shoot, I'd say that only about 10% of our shots happened to be pointing south, the direction seen in the above photos. The full majority of all our shots were in the other directions.....I just happened to grab the camera during the point in time when Dan was shooting south...and he snapped me doing the same thing.

That is a rolling pasture, and the rats presented perfect targets with the hill behind them to absorb the bullet.....and them. ;)

At no time during that shoot did a bullet ever NOT hit either a rat or the dirt....heck guys, I was just trying to give you something to look at during the lull before the season started.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

savage12fv

Post by savage12fv »

I love your pictures as always I was just asking. I figured there was a rolling hill there but you cant see that in the picture I wanted you to clear that up before the wrong person sees that and got the (wrong Idea). You never know where the anti-guns party is lurking and that would give them another thing to use against us.
Keep the pictures comeing I like to see other parts of the country and to see some good ol country boys haveing a good time enjoying the sport that I love so much.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

It's all good savage12fv.

In retrospect, I can see where the deceiving nature of the photos could illicit comments regarding safety, and that's not a bad thing at all. We all should constantly be aware of safety, after all, look what the manufacturer's have to stamp on beautiful rifles these days "Warning, can cause personal injury or death, read instruction manual before using"....duhh, no kidding? If it wasn't dangerous, it would be worthless as a firearm. It would be hard scaring a coyote to death! :lol:

I wish I could post my photos in 3-D, then we'd all see what the terrain was/is really like. This just shows you guys all have a sharp eye for safety....again, not a bad thing at all. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Dan

Post by Dan »

Use google earth! it can render terrain in 3-d, if you have the coordinates of the "beach".

;)
-Dan
cracker

Post by cracker »

rick
I have read way to many of your post to think you were not a safty guy. the guys that scare me are the people who have a rifle in their hand for the nine day deer season. keep the pics rolling we all enjoy them.
Sportingly
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker