A day in the field

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
sniper2o4

A day in the field

Post by sniper2o4 »

My friend and I went crow hunting yesterday. We sat for a good 3 hours in our hide in the woodline by a field where they usually go to feed just before dark and early in the morning. They never flew in but we heard them all around us. Even though we didn't kill anything we did have a good day. Here's some pics:

You can't really tell but the calf is shaking his head. He was trying to get some milk from mom but she just started to walk off and shat all over him!

After the sun went down and we decided they wouldn't fly in, I shot a mushroom at 230 yards.

Here's the field from our hide. The farthest shot you could get from here is about 300 yards.
sniper2o4

Remington model 700 ADL .204 w/ Leupold 2-7x33 Vari-X I

Marlin model 25mn .22 mag w/ 2.5x32 Bushnell sharpshooter
Earl Three Beavers
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by Earl Three Beavers »

Pretty farmland, sniper204. Looks like good groundhog territory, too.

Just being out in the country on some farmland is a big enjoyable part of varmint shooting for me, even if nothing's shakin'. :wink:
Lord, help me to be the man my dog thinks I am.
sniper2o4

Re: A day in the field

Post by sniper2o4 »

I hear ya Earl. That's what I love about the great outdoors. But there aren't that many groundhogs on this farm. I've seen two in the past 2 years. I shot one with my 22 mag. The other was crossing the road. He made it so hopefully I will meet up with him in the near future. :D
sniper2o4

Remington model 700 ADL .204 w/ Leupold 2-7x33 Vari-X I

Marlin model 25mn .22 mag w/ 2.5x32 Bushnell sharpshooter