International Relations !

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
wifecallsmegrumpy
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 LVSF semi custom

International Relations !

Post by wifecallsmegrumpy »

This post is dedicated to WrzWaldo who did his bit for international relations and sent me some WS2 powder to try. :mrgreen:

Recently my life has been a bit busy, changing jobs, buying houses looking after the 2 yr old and my shooting has taken second place. Thank god for the forums that keep me ticking between excursions.

Today I found time to get out with my buddy to a local spot in Baccus Marsh, his property borders another that is particulary unkept and has an unhealthy population of rabbits. Perfect !
Accompanying me on this walk today was my Rem 700 LVSF, with a Loopy VX III 4.5 -14 x 50 in .204
My current load of choice is the 39bk over a max charge of BM2 using Rem brass and 7.5 primers. The only difference today was the BK's were a different colour due to the WS2, and they look fantastic.

I didn't have time for testing anything to do with the WS2, other than check that it doesn't make the bullet bounce off rabbits. I will save my testing for another day but am looking forward to it.

On with the show... Over looking the warrens. The little buggers sit under the boxthorns making it hard to see them until they move sometimes.

He moved... 187 mtrs out and caught it the chest.

This was followed shortly by a visit from the new landower ! The property was sold 2 weeks ago, but he was a nice fellow and has actually allowed us more access than we had before as long as we call in advance. A sweet deal for sure.

Anyway thanks again WrzWaldo hope you liked your varmint hunt in Australia. If your thinking of sending anything else over this way we could do with some rain !

Cheers
Grumpy.