Banning Of PD Shooting In Co

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
joghotrod

Banning Of PD Shooting In Co

Post by joghotrod »

I read this on the Predator Masters Forum and I thought some of you guys may not know this. Here it is.

Gentlemen,

I am going around to the forums to notify us in the community that the Colorado Wildlife Commission is seriously considering banning varmint hunting in CO. On their website it states: "a citizen petition was introduced for banning the shooting of prairie dogs."

http://wildlife.state.co.us/WildlifeCommission/

I have been in touch with the Commissioners (Roy McAnally & Dennis G. Buechler) about this.

I can only ask that residents of CO act quickly and explain the situation to the commission. As it is now, they view it as live 'target practice' which they find "reprehensible in every aspect". They have already succeeded in getting Sportsman's Warehouse to pull many "Varmint Hunting' videos from it's shelves.

The petition can be viewed here. Your help is crucial at this moment would be greatly appreciated.
.204 Ruger M77 Mark II Weaver 6-24
.222 Rem. BDL Varmint Leupold VX III 6.5-20
.204 Dtech AR 24 in. 1/9 twist SS Fluted Shilen Barrel with Compensator, Leatherwood 8.5-25 uni-dial Also 1/12 twist Shilen. NRA Life Member
6BR Dtech Upper, Shilen 1/8 twist.
race4hills

Re: Banning Of PD Shooting In Co

Post by race4hills »

The tree-bunny huggers are not just targeting Colorado they are looking at bigger picture. http://www.fguardians.org/library/paper ... raryID=605
If they get there way here they may have found the way to stop it every where. Not just prairie dogs, they will try to get anything that is shot were meat and fur are not used like g-hogs , g-squirrels, rockchucks and jackrabbits.
204 try it you'll like it!
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

You guys in CO need to be emailing Dirk Kempthorn (Sec of Interior) He is from Idaho and is not a tree hugger. We were able to rescind a shooting ban here in Idaho that would have closed 20,000 acres of prime ground squirrel shooting habitat. It was done by an aggressive grass root email campaign to senators and congressmen. The real question is where is the NRA on these issues? They must all be on safari in Africa. I sure have not seen an injunction filed in CA on the lead bullet ban.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

WHISTLEPIG wrote:The real question is where is the NRA on these issues? They must all be on safari in Africa. I sure have not seen an injunction filed in CA on the lead bullet ban.

I hear you WHISTLEPIG, after we recalled our governor a few years back, which NRA never mentioned, they would not come out and support the best candidate on the ballot, so we got stuck with Arnie. :wall: I am a lifetime member of the NRA since 1984, and have upgraded my membership up to a Patron Life member, but I am just a little upset with the NRA. Since then all of my donations have gone to the California Rifle and Pistol Association. Don't get me wrong, I am not trashing the NRA, but as California goes, so does the rest of the nation, at least most of the time. Maybe we need a revolution of sorts
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
race4hills

Post by race4hills »

Here is an email that was sent to me.

Guys, I don’t know if you’ve heard yet, but there is a proposition before the CO Wildlife Commission that would BAN prairie dog shooting in the entire State of Colorado, including on private land. On May 1 & 2 there is a meeting in Grand Junction where the COWC will be hearing arguments against the proposal. If this passes in CO, whose State is next?

Here’s what I’d like you to do. Go to Predator Masters and go to the Varmint Hunting forum and read the last page of the thread about “CO Wildlife Commission to ban varmint shooting”. If you would like to help us fight this, make a post saying so. We need all the support we can get to fight the bunny huggers. Your post showing support just may motivate some of the “fence sitters” in the membership. If you can’t show up in person in GJ, then putting your name on our petition is the next best thing. But an army of varmint hunters standing in front of the Game Commissioners on May 1st is our best defense.

I will be going.
Lyle,
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

race4 - Let me know what you plan is to go...if I can get out of here maybe we can car pool.
TC Contender Carbine
23" MGM Shilen SS barrel
Weaver KT15

TC Contender G2 Carbine
23" factory CM barrel
Mueller 4.5 x 14 Eradicator
race4hills

Post by race4hills »

skb2706 wrote:race4 - Let me know what you plan is to go...if I can get out of here maybe we can car pool.

PM sent
race4hills

Post by race4hills »

New development in our fight to Save Our Sport. We just got our petition hosted online. We are now accepting electronic signatures. Please go to http://www.FinsandFurOutdoors.net Click on "Prairie Dog Petition" in the column on the LH side of the page.

This not for just coloradoans to sign, for anybody from any state. They maybe coming to a state near you next.
huntsman22
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77VT and ruger mkII Ultralite

Post by huntsman22 »

race4, Thanks for the link. Don
WY-NEvarmints
.204 Ruger Guns: AR 204

Post by WY-NEvarmints »

Newly registered to this forum. Glad to be here and have scoped it out for a few months. I did go to the website and sign the petition and I am darn glad to do it. I too have shot Pdogs in CO (amongst many other things) and do not wish for anybody, anywhere to have any form of hunting taken away from them for any reason. We as sportsman have put more into this great countries out of doors than the liberals ever will and therefore should have the right (which we do, i.e. the petition on the link above) to say what is best for the animals that inhabit our great nation.

Dean
race4hills

Post by race4hills »

WY-NEvarmints
Welcome to 204um. :D Great bunch of guys here!

Thank you for the suport!
YoteSmoker
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varminter

Post by YoteSmoker »

I just signed the petition. It is very easy to do and very important to preserving our sport. I encourage every member of this forum to sign this petition. Thank you!
Odawgpw/204
.204 Ruger Guns: Encore w/ 26" stainless BB & SII 3.5x10x42

Post by Odawgpw/204 »

Done,

I Also posted this on Gunbroker,coyotedgods, and 17hmr forums.

A friend in Montrose said that he signed a paper "counter" petition that was going to be presented at the may 1st meeting

I am trying to get info as to were i can go to sign it, it is only 65miles to Montrose from here.

Lyle

I am wanting to attend, I think I can get some guys from gunni to also attend

they stand too lose a lot of ranch land around here if this is enacted.
Encore w/ 26" SS BB Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5x20x50AO
race4hills

Post by race4hills »

Odawgpw/204 wrote:Done,

I Also posted this on Gunbroker,coyotedgods, and 17hmr forums.

A friend in Montrose said that he signed a paper "counter" petition that was going to be presented at the may 1st meeting

I am trying to get info as to were i can go to sign it, it is only 65miles to Montrose from here.

Lyle

I am wanting to attend, I think I can get some guys from gunni to also attend

they stand too lose a lot of ranch land around here if this is enacted.

I will send you a PM after I get off work.
Thank you,
Lyle
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Petition signed! :D Here's a thought, :chin: if they ban all P.D. shooting the state will soon be over run with the little buggers :eew: then due to over population they will suffer a plague or some other problem and that will cause an outcry :help: that something should be done to control the P.D. population and we'll be able to step in as heros :horse: to save the fools that didn't need saving in the first place! :hammer: It makes you wonder just how stupid people can get :huh: Hope they come to their senses soon. Maybe it's the altitude :duh: Gary