foxpro spitfire

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
chuckhunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 25 thumbhole, Savage Model 12

foxpro spitfire

Post by chuckhunter »

Has anyone seen this model yet? If you have what do you think of it? I was thinking of getting one, I have two hundred bucks of bass pro money burning a hole in my pocket. Any thoughts on this model. Thanks.....
savage rookie
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV, Savage VLP

Re: foxpro spitfire

Post by savage rookie »

I bought one with my Cabela's Bucks that i recieved for christmas. I ordered online and as they were on back order I didn't recieve it until January 23. I had heard that the earlier models had a few bugs, which is to be expected when a product first hits the market. I recieved version 4 (version is displayed upon the remote startup) and haven't had any problems with it yet.

I used it today in 5-10' weather and a slight breeze, sitting 50 yards away the remote worked fine, no hiccups at all. I had heard that the caller should be elevated for best remote usage, and a tripod attachemnt is provided for this same reason. I didn't use bother with it as mine worked fine.

My one complaint with the Spitfire is that is a bit on the quiet side, volume levels 4 and 5 were fine, but any volume below that was hard to make out. Not really a problem for a caller hunting the woods, or breezy days but anything over 10 mph I plan on switching back to handcalls.
The handle of the axe comes from the tree it chops.