hunting and pranks

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

hunting and pranks

Post by Pmoper »

I work in a correctional facility (prison in english terms) and pranks are well known to occur....Well, I have become known for my coyote hunting exploits...and occasional misses LOL...so I go in to work with some freshly cooked venison and offered some to one of my rather easy targets....Bill (last name withheld for his sake) Well, after he tried it he remarked how good it was....and I (being a smart butt) told him No...that isn't venison but rather coyote....his face went about 3 shades of blue...called me a #**!!?><!!#* liar....But little did he know I had seeded my little prank by filling in about half a dozen Officers and one by one over about a 2 week period had brought up the subject of not only shooting coyotes but eating them as well....Bill has just recently send a letter to a well known outdoor writer asking about this......(I hope the writer has a sense of humor as well....LOL) Bon appetite!!!!!
Varoum
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: hunting and pranks

Post by Varoum »

:eek: I'll never work with you

:D :D :D :lol:
Pmoper

Post by Pmoper »

Oh come on....Varoum....sometimes one just cannot help ones self.......He recently invited me over to his farm and gave me permission to hunt there as well.....(starting to feel a bit guilty.....but a cold beer will cure that...LOL)
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GTOHunter »

My Calling Partner cut out a recipe for Cooking Bobcat out of a Predator Hunting Magazine...He's serious about trying it out...I may give it a whirl too...? :chin: :duh: :wink:
Pmoper

Post by Pmoper »

GTOHunter wrote:My Calling Partner cut out a recipe for Cooking Bobcat out of a Predator Hunting Magazine...He's serious about trying it out...I may give it a whirl too...? :chin: :duh: :wink:
Hey....Never say never........ :lol:
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

I have a similar story. I ran a correctional unit in a state prison and was giving some of my officers some home made beef jerky. There was a new female officer observing my regular booth officer. I gave her some jerky through the pass through slot and was eating it when she asked what kind of meat it was. Another officer was standing next to me and told her that I was a varmint hunter and it was coyote jerky. It went from good tasting to being spit out! You have to have a sense of humor to make it in a prison. :pals:
Please, no Sidewinder today!
Pmoper

Post by Pmoper »

Yup Sidewinder....that sir is the truth.....been at it a bit over 24 years now......I can honestly say I have been on both sides of the practical jokes......wouldn't have it any other way......We had a turkey get caught up in the razor wire on the fence once.....Watch commander told us to get it out.....we did....and then we cooked it up for lunch.........LOL
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

GTOHunter....couger meat is supposed to be very good, so other hunters have told me. Bobcat should be good as well. Thousands of Chinese restaurants serving cat cannot be all wrong! :wink:
Please, no Sidewinder today!
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

Cougar is really, really good. "Mountian man's pork" is not a slam, is a compliment to its vale as table fare. (Yes, I've had it!!).

Though I know how to cook whitetail venison properly, and even have my wife describe it as "delicious" (that's hard to do!), I bet bad coyote is better than bad venison, :eew: LOL!!!
204cat
.204 Ruger Guns: rem 700 sps in 204ruger

Post by 204cat »

1001 ways to wok your dog.
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

204cat wrote:1001 ways to wok your dog.
Also more than one way to skin a cat. Or cook it in this instance
204cat