My final project MTT

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
savage rookie
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV, Savage VLP

My final project MTT

Post by savage rookie »

For our final project phase of Machine Tool Technology we were required to finish 150 hours of a part designed, programmed, and machined by ourselves. I decided to build a chassis and retrofit a set of AICS skins for a short action savage.

I found a good deal on a set of tan skins, designed and programmed the majority of the chassis using Gibbs, and did the actual machining on a combination of cincinatti, mazak and mitek machines.

Our machines are limited to about 20" of x travel so I had to do it in 2 pieces with a jointed forend. A buddy just purchased a used cinci' arrow 750 with 40" of x travel, so in the future I will be able to do one piece chassis's but I doubt he'll have time to run my parts if he want to keep in the black.

While it's not entirely finished, here is a pretty good idea of what it will look like when its done. I still have to add the bolt surround, tang relief, and possibly a blind mag set up though for now it will stay a single shot as this .308 is really just a steel clanger (on good days). Also have to do various sling and bipod studs.

To the best of my knowledge this is the first savage in a set of AICS skins
The handle of the axe comes from the tree it chops.
Michigan hunter
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 12 cal. 204

Re: My final project MTT

Post by Michigan hunter »

that is a very nice rifle.....i bet it is a great shooter too!