Another Pawn Shop Treasure

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Another Pawn Shop Treasure

Post by Rick in Oregon »

futuretrades wrote:[Just had some electrodes "installed", to help with leg and back pain. Have been miserable for about the last 5 yrs or so. Took out a cedar fence post on a barbed wire fence, at around 50mph. :eek: Good thing I am so hard headed.
Hey Kevin, hope the electrode thing works for you, but we'll have to keep you insulated from your field bench.....we don't want you glowing or shorting out under your shade canopy! :lol: Seriously though, I hope it gives you the relief you need, but a barbed wire fence post at 50 on a bike? You just might have as much titanium in you as me....we'll have to swap stories next time we're out together for Skippy. :wink:
Clint E wrote:I have been wanting to test those CRT handles just have not ordered one yet.
Clint: Yep, all I had heard about those little CZ 527's was/is true....they're really neat little rifles that shoot. It reminds me of the Sako Vixen....scaled perfectly for the size of the cartridge it fits, no extra material to make it "clunky" and overly heavy and bulkier. And I'm quite impressed at how well this light sporter barrel shoots with minimum load workup so far.

The CRT replacement CZ bolt handle really offers a good quick 'grab', and easily clears most any scopes ocular bell. I think the stainless finish is also complementary to the blue action of the rifle, and Brad also offers two different bolt knobs, with more possibly being offered later. I'm now checking on the Calhoon Hunker scope rings to replace these Burris Med units that are much too high for this rifle.
Bodei wrote:Good timing since the Nosler 221 brass is supposedly out (I'm assuming you were waiting at their front door at the crack of dawn). Got your mitts on any yet?
Heh heh heh......"maybe". :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

Bodei wrote:Good timing since the Nosler 221 brass is supposedly out (I'm assuming you were waiting at their front door at the crack of dawn). Got your mitts on any yet?
I was selling some of my 223 brass, all once fired LC #1's, trying to get an idea of what to ask for them. I checked online with some of the major shooting suppliers, and I saw some of them are listing the Nosler 221 Fire ball brass. Of course all listings showed "not in stock". And as a side note everyone I checked shows that the 223 brass was also out of stock. In my neck of the woods, there is almost NO 22 rimfire ammo available, and the ones that have any in stock, have jacked their prices up so high that not too many people are willing to pay what the retailers are asking for their ammo.
Sounds familiar doesn't it
Thank you "Nobama" and all other gun, and constitution haters in this country!
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

Ahh,, Gads if we all just calm down supplies will be in stock again!!! Stop hording, Im as guilty as the rest I guess but I think it will get better. Nice Cz Rick. I have yet to own one., a total bargain when they came out. Much like the Sightron scopes were. I ordered a sightron 6-24 x 50 from shooters oasis back about 14 years ago?? Not sure exact they backordered so I ordered a Leupold 6x20x50 VX 3 Leupold came and after cancelling so did Sightron next day. Sent Sightron back but wish I kept it too. AHHHHH Im Rambling again!
tinytree
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 1A

Post by tinytree »

that's a beauty. the wood is great! i found one at a small g-s yesterday in 222, but couldn't come to terms with the owner. i will eventually have one of them!
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Well, the little CZ is in better shape now that a set of James Calhoon's Hunker scope mounts have been installed. They allow the scope to be a full .125" lower than the "medium" rings from all the other makers, making the rifle handle much better. The cheek weld alone now is worth the price of admission.

Here's the CZ wearing her new rings:

One eighth of an inch doesn't sound like much, but it sure makes a difference in scope mounting height:

Now I just need some decent weather for a rat walkabout. I spent the last four days shooting Skippy and his pals, but with the cold wind and rain, it was all just "drive-by" shooting only with our custom 10-22's out the truck windows with the heater on full blast. We all went through 900 rounds each, so it wasn't all bad. :wink:

Now I really love my new little CZ 221. Once she's proven herself in the field, she'll get named appropriately. Now I'll have to start thinkin'...... :chin:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Bet you had a pile of brass on the floor, on the seats, on the dash to clean up!
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

RAMOS wrote:Bet you had a pile of brass on the floor, on the seats, on the dash to clean up!
You bet we had a pile of brass all over the truck, in the vents and everywhere a 22LR case could hide. Here's my 'waist gunners' floor area during the fun, and there were three guys shooting, so you can imagine what the truck's interior looked like:

From saving this stuff in a ziplock freezer bags, I estimate there's now about 8 or 9 lbs. saved up for the scrap bin from the past three years of "drive-by rat shooting". Sure is fun making empty cases! :lol:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

That vehicle would have one heck of a time passing a powder residue test! Glad you guys got out for some fun, Rick!!! Might want to wear safety glasses if you plan on running your fan at high speed.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

RAMOS wrote:Rick!!! Might want to wear safety glasses if you plan on running your fan at high speed.
Now that is some funny stuff! :lol:
Been there and done that! I haven't shot out of my truck in a long time, but every once in a while I still get some 22 RF falling on the floor when I turn the defrost on. :eek:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

My floorboards look the same, but with mostly 17 HMR brass. Had a Homer Simpson moment (D'Oh!) when I ejected a shell and watched helplessly as it dove straight into my A/C vent next to the door post. Couldn't get far from the vehicle due to the wind/rain. Hope that we get a break later this week.
K = ½mv2