Ruger American Predator in 223

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
rck
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger Preditor

Ruger American Predator in 223

Post by rck »

Hello All
Trying to resolve my issue by searching the internet but not much help. I recently picked up a new Ruger in 223. I have on in 270 and have been lucky with it so that is why I picked up this one. My first issue is it could not hold Zero. Another forum gave me some ideas and I tried those. The scope is a Nikon P223. I figured I somehow had a bad scope so I purchased another one so I could send in the scope to Nikon for repairs. Same problem so I figure the Nikon probably is good. The groupings were close but drifting by a few inches after a few rounds. I am still thinking on contacting Ruger on this issue. There was a Bench Shooter at the range and he took a quick check and noticed the free-floating barrel was not free-floating. Touching in the front then gets a gap. he also told me to take the rifle apart, clean it again the retighten everything slowly. Ok now for the second problem. When I took the barrel off the stock I took the bolt out and the bolt stop came apart. Looking at it closely I could not see what holds the pin in. I do not think this is normal or is it and I should be more careful next time. Probably will order a couple of springs because, I dropped that small thing. Not sure if I got to the first question but what would cause a rifle not to hold center if everything is tight, could it be the tightness of the stock on the front.
Sorry for the longwinded writing for my first post.
Thanks
Rick
VAshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: NEF Handi-rifle

Re: Ruger American Predator in 223

Post by VAshooter »

have you shot the rifle after you took it apart ? If that not fix the issue and the barrel is not free floating I would call Ruger they have great coustomer service I have the same rifle in 204 and its very accurate good lick to you