Correct forum? Good topic - BORESCOPE

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Correct forum? Good topic - BORESCOPE

Post by acloco »

Not sure if purchasing a borescope is going to be like owning a boat (best days are the first and last day of ownership!).

Took the plunge, waited 30 days for the "in stock" product to arrive (thanks Optics Planet - NOT!!!!).

By chance, I have a couple new barrels, multiple slightly used/one owner/only used on Sunday barrels, and a 220 Swift (Savage 110, single shot action with nice wood stock, hence why purchased)......and...and...and.

Amazing what a person can now see!!

My first new Savage - 110 long action, single shot, 223, with 6 to 7K rounds through this barrel. This includes one, very unreal day of 850 rounds in the field. Some throat wear. Small amount of heat checking. Rifle still shoots rather well.

220 Swift (purchased for the action and stock) - missing 6" of rifling and throat looks like an alligator skin.

Couple of new barrels - can see quite a few tooling marks. Have used this brand before and they always shoot well.

Will be an interesting year.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Correct forum? Good topic - BORESCOPE

Post by Bill K »

Keep playing with the idea of buying one also, but really wonder if I would honestly get my monies worth out of doing so. :?: Must contemplate more on this idea. But, like you, it would be nice to really see what is inside the barrels. Bill K :)