Help with 722 trigger assy.

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Help with 722 trigger assy.

Post by randyman »

I need some help on a Remington 722 trigger group. I was cleaning this .257 Roberts in preparation for an upcoming hog hunt and removed the trigger group. The spring that I assume is the sear spring fell out before I noted where it was in the assembly and I can't see where or how it goes in. I did a couple of hours of searching the internet for a diagram of the trigger assembly but haven't come up with anything yet. I reinstalled the trigger without the spring and it seems to work fine but I won't shoot it like this. I was hoping that by installing it I would be able to see what function didn't work and give me clue as to where it went. This trigger also has a little coil spring that controls the bolt stop and not the usual longer spring with one coil like the model 700 spring. Does anyone out there have a schematic of this trigger group or can point me in the right direction. I could take it to my gunsmith but he's out of town for a while. Thanks, Randy.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Help with 722 trigger assy.

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Randy, I'm pretty certain that 722 trigger is about the same as a M700. If you don't get it sorted out soon, let me know, as I've got Frank DeHaas's book "Bolt Action Rifles" which has an exploded view of the 722 and 721 actions/trigger assy's which I could scan and email to you. Let me know.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Post by randyman »

Thanks Rick. The 722 trigger is close but has a couple of minor differences from the 700. I'd really appreciate it if you could send me the exploded view of a 722 trigger assy. I searched all over the net for one but came up empty. I have a new Remage style barrel on order for this rifle and will eventually put on a Boyd stock to replace the original stock which has a few stress cracks. My email is randyman57@hotmail.com Thanks again-Randy.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Randy - Four pages from de Haas's book detailing the Rem 722 trigger assy have been scanned and emailed to you. Hopefully it gives you what you need for your rifle.

Good luck with the project. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails