Bucket list is about empty 43 winchester heading my way

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
robert w.
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger american preditor/cz527

Bucket list is about empty 43 winchester heading my way

Post by robert w. »

When i was a kid we had a jack rabbit problem on the rented farm.
Dad took me to the fence row n put 4 bales straw down for me a blind n said KILL EVERY LOP EARED S.O.B. YOU SEE. By end of day they were out of winchester 47 with super x lr ammo.neighbor came over next mornin when i went back to eliminate more n handed me a winchester 43 in 218 bee.it was easy to get them in the far fence row in that weaver scope.next day i had to shoot them for the neighbor.
I wanted 1 for 50 years.every time id find 1 it was pricy n lots were worn bad abused but still pricy.
Sunday was looking n be danged 1 was 200 miles from me rough wood metal ok.priced for 400.by noon a deal was struck.my friend who owns a pawn shop is handling the transfer.looks ..like its casing hunting time. And dies.see hornady just did an ammo run on 218 so i gotta buy up some ammo.
50 years to empty my bucket list.best not tell my wife that...
terrace
.204 Ruger Guns: MK II TARGET SS LAMINATE,COOPER PHOENIX

Re: Bucket list is about empty 43 winchester heading my way

Post by terrace »

Congratulations on your bucket list find
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

As they say all good things are worth waiting for. You will enjoy it and add to those good memories. Good find. Bill K :D
robert w.

Post by robert w. »

Thank you guys.i get the rough stock refinished n i will think im king of the hill
surfclod
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Post by surfclod »

Very cool

I'm a new fan of the 218 Bee.

Last spring I was dealing with a guy who had a project gun in this chambering, but was hesitant to "pull the trigger" because I knew the 218 Bee was not a common cartridge to find. Especially since I am in Canada, sourcing oddball items can be prohibitively expensive.

However at my local farm supply I saw 3 boxes (50 count) of factory ammo on the shelf (had been there for over 10 years). I took this as a sign and bought them, and that evening I closed the deal on the project rifle. Since then I sourced some more factory ammo and fresh brass.

Probably have around 300 cases total now, always looking for more but it's enough for a couple of weekends in the ground squirrel patch.
robert w.

Post by robert w. »

Hornady just did a run on 218 bee so im in process of stocking up n hunting brass too