WANT TO BUY Kimber Montana in .204 Ruger or .223 Remington

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
gunsbam45
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 & Building an AR-15 Flattop

WANT TO BUY Kimber Montana in .204 Ruger or .223 Remington

Post by gunsbam45 »

I have been out of the predator hunting game for quite awhile, but moved back to NC Kansas where I grew up a few winters ago, and have been working to find a way to come up with a lightweight .204 Walking rifle. I tried to order a Kimber Montana in .204 years ago but .223 was only option then and I passed. While doing some research on lightening Remington 700s I came across some posts on here and another place of a couple guys talking about their Kimber Montanas in .204 back in 2011. This is EXACTLY what I need. If anybody has one to sell, or knows where one is, I'm on the hunt. My 700 Sporter is a killer, but weighs 9.6# loaded with scope and sling. Also, I'd likely be interested in a Montana in .223 to rebarrel to a faster twist in .204.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: WANT TO BUY Kimber Montana in .204 Ruger or .223 Remington

Post by Rick in Oregon »

You'd be well advised to start the hunt on Gunbroker and GunsAmerica searching for that Kimber, which will eventually turn up.

I had the 'wants' for a certain Kimber 1911 that has been discontinued for a few years, searched both sites and had the gun I wanted in less than three weeks.

Another suggestion would be post a WTB over on Saubier, lots of small caliber guys there that may be able to help. Good luck with the quest. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

gunsbam45
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 & Building an AR-15 Flattop

Re: WANT TO BUY Kimber Montana in .204 Ruger or .223 Remington

Post by gunsbam45 »

I actually am a small time FFL dealer in Ruger revolvers, and have been searching online relentlessly and not seeing any recent listings for a Montana in .204 or .223, but thanks for the advice, and I'll try Saubier.