Ruger PCC

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Ruger PCC

Post by skipper »

I am poised ready to buy a new Ruger Performance Center Carbine 9mm 16.1in Barrel 17+1 Round Capacity. I like the idea of having a carbine chambered in the same caliber as my EDC pistols. It accepts Glock magazines and has a fantastic trigger. At least that's the thinking that is propelling me towards this purchase.

What's your opinion. Asking before I drop the cash.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Ruger PCC

Post by Bill K »

While I personally am not going to buy one, to partner with me EDC. A friend has one, loves it and I did enjoy shooting it. Worked very well and felt nice. I would say you will also, from what I saw. :D
skipper

Post by skipper »

I finally committed to do the thing. Stopped by Academy on the way home and picked up a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red dot. I can't wait to try it out Friday at Range USA. This thing takes Glock magazines and has an internal slide catch that locks the bolt back after the last round. You can eject the magazine and the bolt will stay back, however there is no external bolt release. I find that rather odd. The trigger is sweet. I already added a few upgrades for lights, a sling, other attachments and an adjustable stock.

Hey, a threaded barrel!! I need to see if one of my buddies has a silencer I can try for effect.

Ruger PCC1.jpg
Ruger PCC1.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 12447 times
Ruger PCC2.jpg
Ruger PCC2.jpg (103.55 KiB) Viewed 12447 times
skipper

Post by skipper »

Correction!! This thing does have a bolt release under the receiver, behind the mag well. This thing is just a glorified Ruger 10/22.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Maybe they took ideas from the 10-22, enhanced them and came up with this new baby. If it sells like the 10-22 did, they should make a good profit. :D